fifteen

FIVE DAYS LATER

"Eli I just got a call from my work, and I have to go back now I'm sorry." My mom said, and I looked up at her.

"It's fine. I'll see you tomorrow." I replied, and she smiled.

I heard the front door close, and was met with loneliness. Silence filled the living room, and a static sound was ringing inside my head. These last couple of days I've been stuck inside this endless rollercoater of being sad, and I didn't know what to do anymore.

The night that Roy had kissed me, I realized who I actually loved, but he was already gone. I got endless calls and texts from Roy, but then I blocked his number. Ever since that I didn't hear or see him ever again and I wasn't planning to either.

I brought my knees up to my chest and stared right ahead into nothing. Trying not to fall apart once again, but failed when i felt one tear running down my cheek. I let out a deep defeated breath, and passed my fingers through my hair.

I stood up from the couch, and made my way upstairs a shiver running down my spine, when my nude feet touched the cold floor.

I walked into my bedroom, spotting my phone abandoned on my bed. I put my earphones in and played my favorite playlist.

I exited my bedroom and went back into the living room, leaving my phone next to me on the couch.

I smiled to myself when one of my favorite songs came on. It always calmed me for some reason, so I started singing along.

Our day will come by Amy Winehouse.

My phone buzzed next to me, the screen lightning up, and I got a hold of it.

Harry: Stop singing and open the font door please.

I furrowed and bit my lower lip, confused by his message.

I stopped my music, and put the device down. I leaned against the back of the couch, I closed my eyes for a while, taking a deep breath before standing up, and making my way towards the front door.

I swung the door open and looked up to meet a pair of green eyes. My breath hitched in my throat the moment I realized he was actually standing there. He sent me a little smile.

"Hi sunflower." Harry said, and I smiled at the nickname he decided to use a while ago.

I didn't hesitate once before taking a step forward and hugging him.

I had no idea of how he would've taken it, he seemed to be a bit unsure at first, but then he wrapped his warm arms around my shoulders.

"Hi." I murmered against Harry his shoulder, and he let out a chuckle, his chest vibrating against mine.

He didn't reply, but did hug me tighter. We both didn't dare to move and just stood there outside in the cold air, for some seconds.

Hugging him, somehow felt foreign and it was weird. The smell of his cologne filled my senses, and made me feel at home. His cologne smelling so familiar, while it felt different from the last time.

"We should probably go inside." He then whispered, and I let out a little laugh. "We really should."

After a couple of seconds we let go of each other, and stepped inside. I closed the door behind me, and turned around, just staring at Harry for a while.

It finally hit that he was actually standing right in front of me. I was unable to look away from him, his presence being so addictive.

He cleared his throat, and I felt heat rushing up to my cheeks when I realized how long I had been staring at him.