Jay sighed, then looked back over at the guy in the doorway, "Mujeres, right?" Jay shrugged.

"It looked like blood." Erin explained to all of them, "That and the fact that we don't know that guy-"

"You don't have to justify it. You got a bad hit, you got a bad hit. Let's go in." Voight defended.

"No. Cause maybe it looked like blood? That's not probable cause to force an entry." Jules stated.

"He could have been marinating a chicken and spilled barbecue sauce on his pants," Antonio added.

"We've got three OD's traced back to the heroin Rev's moving. You want to wait for another kid to die?" Voight asked.

"We'll do a knock-and-talk, all right? Whoever's in control of the apartment gets all squirrelly, we'll take it from there. All right?" Al asked.

"Barbecue sauce as a marinade? What's that some kind of Puerto Rican thing - or something?" Voight asked as they all walked back towards the cars and the apartment complex.

"I'm Dominican." Antonio corrected.

"It's got too much sugar in it. It'll burn the meat." Voight pointed out when gunshots went off at a building not too far from them.

They all ducked, but unholstered their weapons, making their way towards the building, "10-1! Shots fired at the police! 10-1, 5600 Emerald!  Plainclothes officers at the scene!" Antonio shouted into the walkie.

"Get the long guns!" Voight shouted. Jay and Al grabbed the guns in question, and they all quickly suited up, rushing up the stairs, guns raised.

"Get back inside! Go back upstairs!" Jay told the neighbors who had run out of their houses at the gunshots.

They got to the door where the gunshots were and kicked down the door. They all ran in, guns raised as they cleared each room, "Police! Clear!" Antonio yelled.

"Clear!" Jules yelled.

"Body!" Erin yelled.

"That's Rev in the John," Jay pointed out as they passed a headless body in the sink.

"Offender must have booked."

"Call it in. Clear the rest of the building. Shooter's in the wind." Voight told them.

They all heard a thump come from the closet and grabbed their weapons again. Ariella, who was closest to the closet door, grabbed the door handle. She glanced at her boss and waited for his nod, and when he gave it, she ripped the door open to reveal a boy, no older than 16, curled up with his knees pressed against his chest, looking scared as ever.

━━━

Once at the station, Jules pulled the kid from the scene out of the backseat and walked up to Voight, waiting for further instructions, "Take him upstairs." He told her. She nodded, walking him up the stairs.

"Beheading. That's a signature cartel move." Antonio pointed out.

"Yeah. Lindsay, put together a description of the guy who answered the door, see if you can find him in any of our databases." Voight told her.