Certainly Unconfused

The sound of a bell chimed downstairs, ringing all throughout the house. Keegan jerked up, instantly wincing due to the sound. The bell stopped. Immediately after he opened his eyes, the boy noticed something different.

His room looked... clean. Well, cleaner than before. The previous mess on the floor was gone and the papers on his desk had been neatly stacked. Quickly pushing off the covers off of himself, Keegan stumbled out of bed. As soon as he regained his balance, he speed-walked over to his bedroom door. He then stopped, hearing something moving behind him. Hastily turning around, he saw that his bed had been fixed. His pillows back in their original spots and his covers neatly spread out on his bed. What the...? The boy wondered.

Huffing, Keegan slowly turned around, gripping the knob of the door and turning it. He wasn't completely confused. He knew this was a dream. He had done lucid dreaming before. The first, second, third, fourth, and fifth time he had done it, the experience was terrifying. After those incidents, he had been trying to control what his mind would ever conjure up. After doing this for about four to five months, he soon got the hang of how to manage his dreams. Sometimes he could make his own dreams and he could control actions, sometimes he can't control his dreams but he could still control his actions.

Many of the dreams that he makes, Keegan could still feel demonic, evil-like magic whenever entering his realm of dreams. He knows that he can't stop it, and he knows that it'll be happening for as long as he continues to make his own dreams.

He's never seen the demons, but he still catches glimpses of them in the corner of his eyes every now and then.

Gently swinging the door open, Keegan found himself in a huge hallway. Like the kind of hallways, you see in mansions. You've seen movies... Small tables were to the sides. On top were various kinds of flowers beautifully overflowing the vase holding the plants together. There were tall, wide windows, allowing the sunlight to bleed through and brighten up the hallway. The floor was just a simple pale blue marble with a snow-white carpet laid on top.

"Ah, Master Keegan. I see you have just woken up."

A proper and elderly sounding voice behind Keegan made him flinch out of surprise. He quickly turned around, seeing a man who wore a deep red tuxedo with a white collared shirt completed with a black bow tie and polished black dress shoes. The man looked much older than the teen. Looking about thirty to thirty-five years old. He had soft-looking white hair with a single streak of dark red on the front, perfectly smooth pale skin, and soft gray eyes.

A clean white plaque was pinned to the left side of this man's tux. Engraved in the plaque was a singular name of a candy brand; Peppermint.

Playing it safe, Keegan responded calmly.

"Yeah, I guess so." He answered, shrugging. The teen looked around.

"Um. Have you seen Asher?"

The man, who was assumed to be named Peppermint, lifted a singular eyebrow. "Asher? I haven't heard that name come out of your mouth for a while, Master." Keegan started to walk down the hallway, Peppermint swiftly following. He had a concerned look on his face. "Why do you ask? Have you forgotten already?" Keegan stopped. "Forgotten what?" He asked, wanting to know. His brother rarely shows up in his dreams but even though Asher might not be in most of them, it wouldn't hurt to try and ask.

Peppermint sighed. "I will remind you what had happened before during your breakfast." Keegan furrowed his brows together in confusion. "But first, you will need to change out of your sleeping clothes." The older man gestured towards the teen's clothing. Keegan looked down at himself. He wore the same pajamas he wore when he fell asleep; a black t-shirt with the logo of a band and loose light blue pants.

"Right." Keegan then speed-walked down the hallway, back into his room. He gently closed the door and walked over to his closet. Opening it, his jaw nearly dropped. It wasn't just a normal closet, it was a walk-in closet; something the teen could never afford.

Walking in, Keegan looked around, looking at all the clothes he could wear. Obviously, he didn't own this many clothes in real life, but it was nice to imagine. Finally making a decision, Keegan chose a blood-red shirt, a dark gray, unzipped hoodie, black skinny jeans, and black combat boots. Walking out of the closet, he began to undress and clothe himself into his chosen clothes.

As soon as he slipped on his shoes, his bedroom door opened, revealing a small elf about knee high compared to Keegan. "Master Keegan, Peppermint Butler is waiting downstairs for you in the dining room." The elf spoke in a medium high pitched voice. "Uh. Okay, I'll be right down." Keegan replied, looking over the elf's uniform, trying to identify who they are.  They wore a dark grey tuxedo with a faded light blue collared shirt underneath, a black bow tie, and polished silver dress shoes. The elf had pitch-black hair, soft pale skin, and light amber eyes.

A silver plaque was pinned to the right side of the elf's tux. Engraved in the plaque was a name.

"Thank you, Gael."

The elf respectively nodded, closing the door right after.

=======

"Asher? I haven't heard that name come out of your mouth for a while, Master."

The master hasn't said his brother's name in years.  Peppermint butler thought, standing in front of the young adult.

"Why do you ask? Have you forgotten already?" The candy man bit the inside of his mouth, not wanting to recall the incident that happened three years ago. The master stopped. The two were right between two guest bedroom doors. "Forgotten what?" He asked. Peppermint internally sighed, knowing he has to retell the dejected story from before.

"I will remind you what had happened before during your breakfast."

-------

Walking down the main halls, Peppermint mumbled to himself. He doesn't want to tell him. He can't. The story will break the master's heart all over again. After the incident, the master had always been so irate and churlish about anything and everything. He had stopped going outside, stopped talking to his friends and family members, he had even stopped going to SDSA. The master had ended a lot of things because of the incident. Maybe he shouldn't tell him.

"Peppermint?"

The butler blinked, seeing an elf that was about knee high in front of him. They wore a black tuxedo, faded light blue collared shirt, a snow-white bow tie, and polished white dress shoes. They had fluffy white-blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, and very lightly tanned skin. Their silver plaque was pinned to the right side of their tux, showcasing their name.

"Yes, Cystenn?"

The elf held their hands behind their back, chin up. "The SDSA sent us another letter again." They spoke their proper, high pitched voice. Peppermint sighed, shaking his head. They'll never give up, will they?

"I will tell Master Keegan as soon as I can. Perhaps during his breakfast." The elf nodded, continuing to walk through the hallway leading to the stairs. Peppermint followed to the right of them. "The Abadeers next door helped Little Bubblegum walk to school again." The elf Informed Peppermint. "It's such a shame they want but can't have biological kids..." The candy man shook his head, sadly. The elf hummed, agreeing with him.

"But, they still have an adorable relationship that will never be broken."

"Oh, of course!"