CHAPTER FOUR

Emery walks out of R Records holding the leach that was hooked onto Presley's collar while they stood in front of the open door of the limo that the limo driver had opened for her

Emery politely smiled at him. " I think today I'm just gonna walk home, get some fresh air."

The limo driver shook his head. " I don't think your father will like this."

Emery sent him a look. " He also wouldn't like you using his Knicks tickets without him knowing." she said and he smiled in response. " Enjoy the park."

Emery smiled back at him. " I will. Let's go, Presley." she said and as they turn around to start walking away the limo driver points at Presley. " You take care of her." in response Presley barks as they start walking away.

Just as they started walking Presley starts running and Emery loses her grip on the leach and she drops all of the papers, including her journal she was carrying. " Presley!"

Xander happened to be standing a few feet away from her and his eyes widened when Presley jumped on him. He smiled and rubbed Presley behind his ears. " Well, hello there."

He looks over noticing Emery picking up the papers she dropped. " Come on." he told the German Shepherd and jogged over to Emery and helped her picked up the papers that were left on the ground. But as he picked up her journal the two moved to the same place at the same time and bumped heads.

" Ow!" Emery winced and Xander immediately apologized. " Sorry!" he goes to hand her journal to her but as he looks at her his eyes widened in realization of who she was but he didn't say anything about it just yet.

Awkward silence started to fill between them as he realized they were staring at each other and he quickly stood up as she picked up the last of the papers that were on the ground and he went over to the water fountain that was next to him and grimaced as he picked up one of her papers from the water that he hoped wasn't ruined.

" Presley!" Emery yelled as Presley walked away from her but she lets out a sigh of relief as he sat down a few feet away from them. Curiosity got the better of Xander and so he read what was on the paper. He jumped, startled as the paper was suddenly yanked away from him.

" Have anyone told you to mind your own business? That's private." Emery told him, trying to get all of the papers she had in her hands together. She sighed in annoyance when she heard her name being called and heard camera flashes.

Xander looks over at the press then back at Emery with wide eyes as he tried not to freak out. " You're Emery Richards. Like, the Emery Richards."

Emery forced a smile and walked past him over to her dog as Xander turns around and watched her. " Sorry, I-" his voice trailed off as she glanced over her shoulder at him before she hurried over to get her dog. " I like your dog." was all he managed to say and his shoulders slumped knowing he probably made a fool of himself in front of the biggest popstar in the world.

Xander turns around and looks up at the tall building that was R Records. He walked over to the building and opened one of the doors and walked inside, looking around the lobby of the building in awe. He wasn't surprised when he saw a poster of Emery and her new single on the wall.

He walked over to where there was a desk at and he puts Androyd's CD into the bin that was full of CD's. He looked over when the girl behind the desk was starting to talk to him. " Applications for the part-time janitor job are over there." she says as she points to where they were.

Xander shakes his head. " Oh, no, I'm just here for -" he stopped talking in the middle of his sentence as he started to think about this. He walked over to where the applications are. " Part-time janitor job?" he wondered out loud as he looked over at the girl behind the desk. " How much does it pay?"

As the phone rings the girl gives him a single to wait one minute before answering the phone. " R Records. I will transfer you." she looks up at him. " $10 an hour. You have experience?"

Xander almost laughed, finding it amusing since all he ever did at home was clean. " Experience with cleaning? Yeah, I do."

With that he picks up the pen and starts signing the application.

" Hey," a familiar voice said and he looks over his shoulder to see Sam. " I thought I was suppose to see you on an album cover." Sam points to the janitor application. " This is not a album cover."

Xander smiled. " Weren't you there when I was playing guitar in the street the other day?"

Sam nodded. " Yeah."

Xander tilts his head to the side, confused at why Sam was here. " What are you doing here? Do you like, work here?"

Sam nods again as he leans his arm on the desk. " Like, yeah I work here. Studio engineer." Sam picks up the application as Xander continues to fill his out. " Why would you wanna work here as a janitor?"

" Ever since I was a little boy I've just wanted to scrub toilets." Xander jokingly said and Sam laughed. " I guess I can see how that beats playing music."

Xander looks up at him with curiosity. " You ever play?" he asks and Sam nods with a smile on his face. " Yup. Played the streets, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvah. Honestly any mitzvah you could book. But that's all behind me now. I'm Sam, by the way." Sam introduced himself.

Xander smiled. " Xander." he introduced himself as he handed the girl behind the desk his finished application.

" Hey, don't work too hard." Sam said to him as Xander started to leave the building.

Xander chuckles. " It's a little to late for that. I always work too hard."

Once Xander leaves, Sam turns to face the girl behind the desk. " Do me a favor, would ya?"

The girl fixes her hair and nods with a smile on her face as Sam says, " Make sure he gets hired."

" Will you go on a date with me?" the girl asks. Sam pursed his lips and tilts his head to the side, acting as if he was actually thinking about it but says, " No."

" I'll still do it." the girl said with a smile and Sam smiled. " Thanks."

A/N yay another chapter done! happy new years eve everyone! what other books of mine would you want updated this year?