Why Can't Life Be Normal? Chapter 4

Hey everyone! This is Chapter 4. Please don’t hate me for taking so long!

Enjoy!

Recap:

I turned around in his arms, putting my arms around his neck, we were leaning in when someone cleared their throat, at that we pulled away. I was blushing furiously when I looked up at the intruder. Uh oh, it was dad! Shit. This is gonna be bad.

“Hello Alpha” Talen said bowing his head to show respect.

“Talen” Dad greeted him then turned to me “Carlin. Explain please” He asked me.

“Well Dad, Talen is my, uhh, mate” I said in a small voice, looking at the ground.

“Well, congratulations, both of you. Now please, if you two don’t mind we have a meeting to hold. Come along” Dad said turning to leave, his words still echoed in my head. He wasn’t mad. He wasn’t mad!

“Wait, aren’t you made that I found my mate and didn’t tell you or anything?” I asked him. I’m so confused.

“No, sweetheart, I’m not. You are a responsible young adult who is capable to make her own decisions. Plus you’re 17, I knew it would happen sooner or later” He said while looking proudly at me. I was so amazed; I ran into his arms and hug him with everything I had. He laughed and gently released himself from the killer hug.

“Come on, you know how your mother is when we’re late” He said and walked back to the house. Talen’s strong arms wrapped around my waist, I could feel his lips hovering over the exposed skin on my shoulder. He slowly bent he head down and kissed the crook of my neck. It was such a loving and kind jester that I couldn’t contain the words that flew from my mouth.

“I love you, Talen” I whispered, leaning my head back on his shoulder.

“I love you too, Carlin” He replied softly, then released me from his arm, only to take my hand and lead me back to the pack.

Chapter 4

 Carlin’s P.O.V.

“Welcome everyone! As you all know a new family has moved into the area and has joined the pack. I know you will all do your best to help them and make them feel comfortable. Now, as tradition we go on our midnight run in celebration of the Blakes” My dad said before our run.

When he finishes his speech I grab Lizzie (Talen’s brother Danny’s mate) and Karen (Talen and Danny’s Mother) by the arm and lead her into the trees where all the female werewolves change. Our clothes don’t rip when we shift or anything, even though most people tower over their human forms (don’t ask me why because I don’t understand), but shifting separately from the males is just how things are.

As we get into the thick trees and bushes the women change into their wolves.

“Okay so all we do is shift here and then we go to the back to the meeting place and wait for the males to shift. After that we all just run around the pack territory, and then head back in a few hours. So any questions?” I explain to Lizzie and Karen about what’s going on now.

“Nope” They said together, making all of us burst into laughter. After we finished our laughing fit, we spread out and began to shift.

I closed my eyes and visualized what I wanted to happen. After about 15 seconds of concentration I feel my bones begin to crack, change positions and reform into my new shape.

I glance around and see that all the women are ready, so I headed back out into the clearing, knowing that everyone was following me.

I nod to my father and he nods to the males to go shift.