Chapter 2: Sanctum of Apophis

Apophis and Ra slowly cross the quiet night desert, Ra sitting on Apophis's long serpent body. She stares at the burnt side of his face, and glances back at the collapsing temple. Apophis has brought it down to show the Chief God that he was free. He glances back at Ra, who looks away. He chuckles, before suddenly stopping. He hisses, before coiling up and bringing Ra closer to him. Her cheeks flush slightly.

"Apophis? What's wro-"

     A volley of arrows suddenly bursts from atop one of the dunes. Apophis flicks his hand up and a wall of sand bursts upwards, shielding them from the arrows.

"Anubis is here."

"She is?! Oh no... oh no. Oh no oh no."

"Let me guess... she's corrupted."

"Yes."

"Fuck."

     Apophis then holds out his left arm. The wind picks up and sand funnels into a spear like shape, before flames spark in his right hand and rush into the funnel. The fire dies away, revealing Apophis's weapon. A spear, with a slightly shorter than usual handle with a very large blade at the end. He swings it, and cleaves two large dunes is half, causing them to collapse, sand cascading around them.

     He then starts to  admire the blade. A rust colored shaft that resembles a snake, with a light grayish blue for the grip. The glade was a beautiful golden, and has several precious stones embedded in it. Bolts of energy bounced between the fork. It was a beautiful weapon.

"Is that Serpent's Maw? I thought I confiscated it millennia ago."

"It's tied to my being. I can always summon it back."

"Right. Silly me."

Apophis then readies the spear as two people approach. His tail spikes stand up straight. He glowers as Anubis and another, cat like mamono approach. Bast.

"Hello Apophis."

"Bast. Anubis."

"Awww, why the long face? Aren't you happy to see me?"

"Not exactly, no. Unless you tell me what your intentions are."

Serpent's Maw crackles. Anubis scowls, and grabs hold of twin khopesh. But Bast waves her hand and she relents. Apophis snarls as he glares at the goddess of the dead.

"Sorry if this is brash, but we simply are here to convert Ra to the Fallen side. And sorry, but we aren't gonna take no for an answer."

"Very well then."

      In a blink ont an eye, Apophis smashed Anubis in the gut with his tail club, and Bast with the flat side of Serpent's Maw. He then coils both of them around their ankles, and slams them into the ground, before tossing them aside. He then grabs Ra, and rushes past them.

"Why are we running?! We can take them!"

"Not while you're in this state of mind. And since I was sealed for so long, my combat abilities are rusty. Contrary to what just happened. I cannot seriously fight both of them in this state."

      He rushes over the dunes. Dodging several arrows as he does so. He snaps his tail whenever a lesser Anubis or a Sphinx got to close. He finally stops suddenly. He releases Ra and places his hand on the ground. He sends a ripple through the ground.m, and everything starts to rumble and shake. Sad explodes outwards as a massive temple rises from the sands.

"The Sanctum of the Chaos Snake! It still exists?! But the Cheif God said she had burned and scattered its remains across the desert."

"She never found it in the first place, therefore never could destroy it. She just lies and lies. I'm surprised she still isn't overthrown for being a lying manipulative bitch."

"But even if we enter the Sanctum, what's stopping them from just waltzing in?"

"There's an ancient enchantment I placed here. No one can enter the sanctum without being invited. And now they are officially banned from the Sanctum until further notice."

A ripple effect occurs, as the Sanctum rumbles from the new information. As Bast and Anubis approach, they stop. They stare at the temple, as if sensing they are no over welcome. They frown in disappointment, turn and vanish. Apophis sighs, before turning to Ra.

"But now, we must train and prepare ourselves. We are gods, and we are stubborn pieces of shit. They won't back off for long, so we must train."