Just then a Hispanic women cane over to their table and smiled while placing drink coasters on the table "Good morning I'm Isabella and I'll be your server today. Can I start you guys off with any drinks?"

"Yes, but could we also order as well?" August said.

"Of course" She opened up her notepad and clicked her pen "I'll start with you ma'am"

Glancing at the menu one more time Mrs.Sheila closes it "I'd like a water with lemon and for the meal...I'll have the basic breakfast platter but instead of hasbrowns may I have grits"

"Yes ma'am" She said as she wrote it down then turned to August "And for you?"

"Uh I want a strawberry lemonade and then I'll get the steak and cheese omelette with the pecan waffles"

"That also comes with a choice of fruit or toast"

"I'a do the fruit" He said completing his order.

She nodded and placed the notebook in her apron before picking up the menus "I'll bring those drinks out as well as put those orders in and it should be ready in no time"

"Thank you hun" Mrs.Sheila smiled as she walked away.

"So have you and Summer spoken yet?" she abruptly asked.

"Mama" He groaned "I don't want to talk about dis again"

"Boy" She glared at him.

He huffed sitting back in his seat "Nah I haven't..she made it very clear she don't wanna see me so she won't. I ain't finna chase afta ha'"

"It's been a week—I'm sure she'd be ready to talk by now you're just being stubborn. Son, you know you care about this girl don't dig yourself a bigger hole because of your pride."

He contorted his face in confusion "Pride? I know I fucked up—I tried to talk to her and she dogged me"

"First of all watch your mouth" She frowned "Secondly, yes pride. Because if that wasn't the issue you'd be at her beck and call right now doing everything in your power to show her that you're sorry."

August shrugged fiddling with the bottom of his hoodie "Mama I'm not even worried about it right now" He lied. "Let's just drop it"

"Okay.."

      The rest of the breakfast went by smoothly as the conversation pertained solely on what they missed out on with each other. By the time August was dropping her back home he felt more comfortable  allowing her back in his life. He wished it had happened sooner but was honestly grateful it happened at all.

     Once Mrs.Sheila was safely back in the house August made his way back home. Ever since he got shot he didn't like to be out for long periods of time. He had a feeling that he was being watched and or followed so he always kept an eye on his surroundings. He'd always been that way but now that his life was threatened he was more cautious.

     Walking up the steps to his floor he abruptly stopped when he saw that Crystal was making her way down. She looked up from her phone and stopped herself before she could bump into him.