/ blink-182 drowns jacky boy's sorrows /

jack barakat wasn't anything special.

he was an average grade student, average looking teenager who lived in a tranquil average suburban house, in a usual neighborhood.

see? nothing out of the extraordinary.

jack knew that, he always was reminded that he wasn't shit, that he'd never amount to anything. at best, he could just hope to settle down in a suburban neighborhood just like his parents, have an amicable relationship with his spouse just like his father and have a couple of decent, behaving offspring just like his parents, a college degree just like them and a good college aided job just like his father.

in short, if you didn't get the point, he was expected to conform and re-do his parents' lives, follow the exact guidelines that they had followed and hope his kids did the same.

did he want that for himself? no, he didn't. he wanted to leave this place, make his own way in the world, start a band and make a killing from that. just like the men who's music was currently deafening his ears. 

blink-182.

they were one of jack's favorite bands, the singles and albums were always there for him, to him, blink was like a religion.

he listened to them first thing after he woke up in the morning, they were the last thing he'd hear before falling into a slumber state, he'd listen to them at school, during break and lunch and most classes that he was able to smuggle his walkman into. blink-182 was the only thing that mattered to him.

he could recite every single line that mark and tom had ever written, he knew every chord they played at the exact time that they did and he could quote the majority of the urethra chronicles already.

in some ways, blink-182 was filling the void that jack had. Jack had no friends, he was regarded as a loser and a freak for the way he dressed and talked, for the sort of music he listened to. he was considered a disappointment to his parents for being socially inept, awkward, alternative and worst of all (at least according to his parents) transgender.

but none of that seemed to matter to jack when he had mark hoppus screaming in his ears about going away to college. something that jack would never experience.

there might've been a slight chance of it but now when jack had a sawed off shotgun packed away in his bag, ready for what he had spent months planning, the slightest chance had been diminished,

they weren't gonna call him a tranny anymore, they were gonna stop calling him a freak soon, jack thought to himself brusquely.

he fell asleep in his bed like that for the last time ever, this was the last time tom delonge and mark hoppus soothed him to sleep.