Chapter 7: Podling party

"It's getting darker by the minute, we should set up camp for the night" Ten says as she and Rian have been walking for hours. "We can't stay in the woods, out in the open" Rian replies as he looks around, restless. Ten sighs and marches on, her little gelfling feet hurting with each step she takes. In the distance they see lights flickering, faint noises coming from the same direction. Ten and Rian exchange a look, knowing exactly what the other is thinking, and they head towards the lights. A small house comes in sight and the two Stonewood gelfling are hesitating. "Do you think it's safe to go inside?" Ten asks, this time not entirely sure what Rian is thinking. "Let's find out.. If not, we have our knives" and he taps his hip. Ten chuckles, this is typical Rian, no fear, or lack of knowing better. She lets Rian take the lead and he pushes the heavy wooden door. The stonewood gelfling are welcomed by loud music and little potato people drinking and dancing. "Podling" the two say simultaneously. Rian grabs Ten's hand as they try to make their way through the podling crowd, trying to find a quieter area, if possible. Drinks are being thrown throughout the small cabin and drums are getting louder, making it impossible for Ten to even hear her own thoughts.

Rian and Ten somehow found a table to sit at, talking about everything that has happened, Rian worrying and feeling guilty of what the Skeksis may have done to Gurjin. "It's not your fault Rian.." Ten begins and rests her hand on top of Rian's, hoping to reassure him. "I shouldn't have left him there, what if the Skeksis.." Rian can't even finish the sentence, still heartbroken of what had happened to Mira. "You would have done the same thing if it were you instead" Ten says, knowing she is right. Ten met Gurjin a few times and heard so many stories of Rian about the two of them basically wreaking havoc. She watches Rian as a few tears fall from his blue eyes onto the table, feeling devastated there is nothing she can do. "We will get Gurjin back, and alive as well.. I promise" Ten says, and with that a hand smacks on their table. Startled the two Stonewood look up and see two other gelfling in cloaks staring back at them. "Naia?!" Rian says in surprise, shocked to see his best friend's twin sister. "Traitor" Naia spits back and removes the dark cloak from her shoulders. "You, are gonna get me my brother back!" Naia says as she pulls put her knife and points it towards Rian "Or else.." she threatens. The other gelfling removes the hood of his cloak and Ten gasps, not knowing how to feel when she sees it's Kylan. Kylan sees the hurt in her eyes and begins "I can explain.." and he sits himself down across from Ten. Ten's grip on Rian's arm tightens, waiting for the Spriton boy to start talking.

To be continued...