I'm in Here.

Things were perfect. Woodbury was at its highest in population and walkers rarely broke in. It was a safe haven. It was what I  needed, what I had hoped for all along. Life was beginning to look up for everyone that lived in the small town. The Governor had secured the place and he was running it well, and although I had my doubts about him; he proved to be a strong leader, someone who took charge and gave orders to those who were unsure of the new world. For once it felt like things were going to back to normal. Safety and comfort didn't last long. Philip's true nature surfaced. Things got out of hand, people were dyin' left and right, and I call do was run as fast as I could; far away from Woodbury, until I couldn't see that sick son of a bitch. I didn't know where I was going, but there wasn't time to think it over either. Thinking caused distraction, distractions led to worse things... Death was always a possibility. By a biter. A human even. As I ran, my vision became hazy. Every second things got darker, but I would run until I couldn't anymore. I was going crazy. As the weeks, months, and years went by this "haze" would occur more often.  It was like some kind of monster trying to take control of my body and mind, yet I always fought it until I couldn't any longer. It always won though. Always. I ran at least two more miles and then it all went black.

"You thought you would get away with everythin' you did to me? Did ya really think that it wouldn't all catch up to you? Quite frankly, I could kill you now, or I could let one of those things kill you. I'd choose wisely." I said as I looked down at my weak father. His leg more than likely shattered on account of me tripping him and then taking a rock to it. My eyes were full of fury. I wanted revenge for everything. 

It had been two days since my mom was bitten, a few weeks since my brother. Both were 6 feet under in homemade graves. Obviously it was nothing fancy. Just a dug up hole to put their corpses' in. I controlled myself while my mom was alive, but I knew she wouldn't last long. She was weak. Both mentally and physically. She had been clean from drugs for years, but years and years of snorting and shooting things into her system took a toll on every aspect of her. I knew that from the beginning of this thing I would have to put her down. Put her out of her misery. It was no surprise when she begged me to shoot her. She didn't want to live in a world like this, and I could understand why no one would want to. At first, I actually liked it. I got to escape from the family that haunted me, but I'm still haunted by them.

"God don't want you to do this, darlin'. I'm sorry, truly sorry for everythin' I did to ya." my father pleaded for his life, but little did he know that it was already too late. I had made up my mind long ago. After years of abuse... Why would I choose to spare his life? What has he done for me? What would he do for me in this new world? Absolutely nothing!

I laughed as I put my hands up and spun around. "I think God's on a lil' hiatus right now. Maybe he don't give a shit about any of us, or maybe he's tryin' to take out filthy creatures like you. Hell, he could have just given up on this entire world. Maybe no one on this planet is worth savin'."  I turned toward my father again and bent down to him as I pulled my gun out. My blue eyes pierced into his, showing him the fury and rage that had built up since a child. "Years and years of abusing people, and now you want to preach about God? Where was He when I was being beat to near death? When I cried myself to sleep every night? Where was your Faith then?" I questioned him as I put the gun under his chin and lifted it. His hazel eyes were swollen and red, tears were flowing down his face. "And where was all of this compassion and sadness when you were beating me, huh?"  I removed the gun from underneath his chin and stood up.

"I'm so, so sorry, Dani. I can change. I can make this all better. Things can be better between us. We will get through whatever this is, we'll fight through it, and we can start over." he cried, slowly crawling closer to my leg. He wrapped his arm around my leg, sobbing softly as I towered over him. 

I sighed and squeezed my eyes shut. I wasn't going to believe anything he said to me. There had been so many times that he promised to change, to make things 'right', that we would start over, and time after time things never changed.  I wasn't willing to rely on his word anymore, nor would I get my hopes up during this shit going on. I kicked his arms off of my legs, my eyes focused on his face, and with a emotionless tone, I spoke, "It ain't gonna work. You ain't someone that can be trusted." I lifted my gun.

"Oh, God. Please.. No, please don't do th-"  
BANG.