1

"Hello everyone," Jaemin's history teacher, Mr. Lee, said loudly when he entered the classroom.

"We have a new student among us today, please introduce yourself." As he said the second part of his sentence, he turned his body to the opened door, but there was no one to be seen.

"No need to be shy, they won't bite." Mr. Lee said jokingly, his words were still directed to the doorway.

After a long minute filled with silence, a small boy walked through the door, he was wearing a black ripped skinny jeans with a striped long sleeved shirt and a black graphic tee over it.
His hair was styled up and his Doctor Martens and black Herschel bag completed his outfit.

"I am Renjun." Was all he said,before he sat down next to Jaemin, the only empty spot in the entire classroom.

Jaemin was one of those handsome guys, girls would swoon over. 

Jaemin was given the nickname Gem, with his beautiful brown hair that was always done perfectly, his pearl white teeth and glinstering eyes, he kinda looked like a shiny gem.

"Hi, I'm Jaemin. But you can call me Gem if you want too." He introduced himself with his famous million-dollar smile after Renjun had put his bag on the ground.

"I'm Renjun." The other repeated. "I know," Jaemin answered with a gentle smile. "I paid close attention to your introduction, don't you think?" The younger joked carefully hoping to make a new friend.

Jaemin's eyes fell to the ground and noticed some strange movements in Renjun's backpack. He blinked once and the bag which he swore was moving two seconds ago, was now as still as a mouse. 

It was just a normal bag.

"It must be the lack of sleep." Jaemin thought, remembering that he had played Overwatch last night until four in the morning.

---

When Mr. Lee's class was dismissed, he walked over to the two boys who were laughing their asses of about some lame joke Jaemin had made. 

"Jaemin, Renjun's homeroom teacher has e-mailed me and I noticed that you and Renjun have the exact same schedule," Mr. Lee stopped talking and waited until the laughter had died down, since he wasn't recieving any attention. "And since it looks like you two are getting along well, I thought that you could help Renjun getting to his classes and so on?"

"Sure!" Jaemin said happily. "So I assume you've got economics next?" Renjun nodded, but not because he knew he had economics, but by hearing how confident Jaemin sounded, he just assumed he had economics next.

"Let's go second period starts...," Jaemin checked his watch, a black Rolex. 

"Rich boy."  Renjun thought to himself, but a loud voice interuppted his thought. "Right now, second period starts now!"

Jaemin slung his bag over his shoulder, grabbed Renjun's hand which was way smaller than his and dragged him along the corridors.

Renjun felt a blush on his cheeks, probably because they ran so fast. "Nice watch," he mumbled, when they slowed down. "Black is my favorite colour."

"Really?" Jaemin turned his head and met Renjun's amber eyes. "Wouldn't have guessed that, with those colourful clothes of yours." He added sarcasticly.

"Not a word about my clothes." Renjun said, entering the classroom hand in hand with Jaemin. Earning some dirty looks from several girls and boys who had  settled themselves in their seats already.

---

"Do you want to sit with me during lunch?" Jaemin asked shyly as he slowly made his way down the stairs with Renjun's hand in his, the smaller tried to free his sweaty hand from Jaemin's comforting one, but without succes. Jaemin was never shy, he didn't know why he was acting this way, he just couldn't help it. Maybe his confidence had sailed away after Renjun checked him out all over.

Renjun wanted to say yes, yes he wanted to join Jaemin to lunch, yes he wanted to meet new people. But he simply couldn't, he had to speak to someone.

"I need to go to the principal first. I need to fill in some papers. Tomorrow?" Renjun lied as well as he could, but seeing how Jaemin's sparkly eyes turned dull made him regret denying in the first place.

"Okay, see you after lunch then." Jaemin said, waving at the smaller before heading to the canteen.

As soon as Jaemin was out of his sight, Renjun ran outside and hid behind a bush, he opened his bag and a little elf flew out. The elf hit the back of Renjun's head as soon as he could.

"Haechan stop hitting me." Renjun said as he tried to grab the one with the pointy ears and make him stop hitting his head.

"Well maybe if you didn't lock me up in your backpack I wouldn't be hitting you!" Haechan spit back sassily. 

"I didn't want you to come with me in the first place, but you just had to sneak into my backbag. And I told you to be quiet and stay still, Jaemin almost saw you." Haechan crossed his arms and turned his head away, looking like a kid.

"We're going back to dad soon, but right now you have to stick with me. And you need to stay still!" Renjun said, zipping up his bag after he caught Haechan with his hands and stuffed him back to were he came from, save and secure.

---

The last class of school was dismissed and Renjun walked home, he didn't live that far away, it was only a good ten minute walk. A gust of wind made his ears ring and he looked next to him with an annoyed expression what had created the discomfort. But soon the frown on his face disappeared and a smile replaced it when he saw who had passed him.

Jaemin.

"Hey Renjun, looks like we're going the same way, want a ride?" Jaemin asked casually, while inside he was feaking out like a little girl over her new crush. "Sure." Renjun answered coolly, although his cheeks heat up.

Renjun hopped on and held onto the fabric of Jaemin's leather jacket.

On their way home they talked about everything and anything. Renjun found out a lot of things about Jaemin.

He loves his parents,
He likes dogs,
He has a brother called Jisung,
He has a scar on his neck he got when he was fighting with Jisung over the tv remote.
And so on.

"Fact forty-five noted." Renjun mumbled. "What's fact forty-five?" Jaemin asked curiously. 

"Oh, uhm, nothing?" Renjun said, but it sounded more like a question. The smaller boy spotted his house and tapped Jaemin's side. The other hummed in response.

"That's my house." 

Renjun hopped and wanted to walk to his front door.

"Renjun!" The said boy turned around and look at Jaemin with a soft smile.

"Yeah?" 

"Shall I pick you up for school tomorrow?" Renjun thought about for a bit, but secretly he had decided the second after Jaemin had asked it.

"I'd love to."