[40]

December 31, 1995

The following days went by fast.
Sirius found out that this Christmas Hazel didn't get any presents from her family or friends, leading for him to buy the latest Quidditch broom for her. It took a while to convince Hazel to accept it, she felt bad for Sirius expending so much money on her but after considering the situation she came to the conclusion that the broom was already bought.

Although Hazel was yet to fully open up to him, with the feeling of the atmosphere of the house and sometimes how darkly Sirius could be, the young girl felt like in any moment he would scream at her or do something bad. But he has shown more love towards her than her actual family ever did in all her life, and for that she got to be thankful.

She also got to know Walburga, fool woman she is. At first Hazel was excited to fully meet her grandmother, and so was Walburga. Fortunately for Sirius, Hazel soon found out how the woman in the portrait truly was, so similar to Hazel's mother; with the same disgusting beliefs and constantly throwing hints of supporting Voldemort, Hazel didn't waste any time in shutting her up with a curtain.

New years party was approaching, surprising Hazel because she has never truly celebrated New Years.

On December 31, Hazel dressed with a short, long sleeve, dark red dress, leaving 12 Grimmauld Place with her father towards the Potter's House.

Upon arriving at the Potter's house she was completely surprised. She expected to see a mansion, full of expensive things and expensive dressed people, but instead it took her by surprise when she realized it was the same house all those years ago Harry killed Voldemort. The house was a normal size, cozy, with moving photographs of their family and friends all around.

As they both walked inside the house, the first person to take her by surprise was Severus Snape. It wasn't because he was at the house, it was the fact that he was wearing crazy glasses in the shape of the number 1996, along with a Mexican poncho, a Mexican party hat and maracas on both of his hands.

The snort that Sirius let out by her side was so loud and contagious Hazel started laughing as well.

"Finally accepting that life is to enjoy, Snape?" Sirius said in between laughs.

The professor huffed in annoyance, giving Sirius the maracas he proceeded to take off the stuff, giving the hat to Sirius, and the poncho to Hazel, forgetting he was still wearing the glasses.

"Enjoy your stupid party" He said walking past them towards the door, leaving the place shutting the door behind him.

"Well," Said Sirius placing the hat on his head. "Better start enjoying ourselves"

Hazel followed his actions by putting on the poncho, going after her dad. They walked to the back of the house entering the backyard to find all the people in there dressed in all crazy stuff.

Sirius upon stopping behind her, shook the maracas cheering at the same time, announcing their arrival. All the people cheered with Sirius, at the same time James came forward shaking his maracas too.

If Hazel thought Snape was funny, James was hilarious. With a pink and green boa scarf, a fake mustache, glasses in the shape of avocados, a long blue wig and a red circle float around his waist that was way too small for him.

Hazel couldn't help but let out a huge laugh as she watch both adults great each other like high school girls.

He then turned towards her smiling as she tried to stop her laughing. "Long time no see, Azie"

"You saw me yesterday" Hazel replied giggling. For the last few days Remus, Sirius and James had made it their job to cheer up the girl by taking her everywhere they thought of, she even went to see a Muggle movie.

Alastor Moody and Kingsley Shacklebolt were there too, dressed in hideous stuff as well. Hazel went to greet each person, first to Lily, Dorcas, Marlene and Tonks. All the Weasley's, which were a handful to greet. Alice, Frank and Neville Longbottom, and Professor McGonagall. Lastly she went towards all the people her age, sitting down next to Ron, quickly involving her in a conversation.

"How's she doing?" Lily asked once Sirius finally sat down next to her.

He smiled Hazel's way when he saw her giggle at something one of the twins said, he guessed it was George judging by the blush that took upon her cheeks. "Hazel is definitely more herself"

"That's good" Dorcas said before Lily could.

It was then when James pushed Lily aside earning a small yelp from her as James completely ignored her sitting down.

"I still believe I not only married James, but Sirius too" Her comment was forgotten by Sirius when James placed a piece of parchment in his hand.

"Full moon calendar of the new year"

Sirius was first confused about the sudden information but them understood about the nights they were supposed to help Remus with his Werewolf problem, nodding while folding the paper and taking it away.

"I still cannot believe you became Animagi while still at Hogwarts" Marlene said in disbelief as she stared at James and Sirius with admiration. Lily now on James lap nodded along with her in agreement.

"Minnie," Remus started but soon stopped himself by the look McGonagall sent his way by using the nicknames they gave her while at Hogwarts. He gave her an apologetic smile while the rest around them laughed at Remus. "How come you never found out?"

McGonagall chuckled remembering all the times she thought she was crazy when a rat, a dog and a stag could be seen from the outside of her window, running through Hogwarts grounds at night. "There was this one time— Completely took me off guard— I was about to catch a student out of bed only to find a stag trying to look very casual by staring at a portrait" McGonagall recalled as she looked at a laughing James.

            The night went by fast, with amazing food and laughing about all the adventures the Marauders lived through, soon they all were standing on wood, with whistles in their hands, waiting for the new year to roll by.

"10!"

"Hazel" Sirius said turning to his smiling daughter.

"9!"

"Yes?" She answered sweetly at him.

"8!"

"I do love you, with all my life"

"7!"

"I know" Hazel answered giggling at his sudden change of mood.

"6!"

Sirius gave her a small peck on her pale cheek, gaining a smile from Hazel.

"5!"

"For the record, Black" George said from her other side, grabbing her attention

"4!"

"I won't regret what I'm about to to"

"3!"

Hazel frowned at the red hair as she watched a devilish smile grow on his face.

"2!"

She felt as George grabbed her lower waist bringing her closer and before she could react about it—

"1!"

He pressed his lips against hers taking not only Hazel but everybody by surprise.

Although she waited for the same dull feeling she got every time she kissed somebody, it never came.

Instead she became self conscious of her surroundings, nerves traveled through her body and surprisingly she somehow felt something she had never felt before.

Could it be—no— that's impossible.