Anakin Promised Obi-Wan A Fun Night. Sorry, This Is Going To Be Long

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

The stranger halted; Yoda's floating platform did, too. They had stopped right in front of where the two Sith hid unknowingly.

"But here I am. Still fighting. Still believing when everything seems hopeless."

And now the figure turned to stare absently at the wall that Obi-Wan and Anakin were hidden behind, and the lights of the city gave Obi-Wan a good, hard look at the unmistakable horned head and red-and-black tattooed features of the one who had killed his beloved master.

Maul.

It was impossible. But he was here. And, apparently, a Jedi in disguise. His eyes were not the Sith color Obi-Wan was so used to seeing. Instead, they were a vibrant brown, an unusual color to associate with Maul. 

Maul turned back to Yoda. "I'm not giving up," Maul said. "I'm not. I will not stop fighting this war until it's won or I die trying. And you know that I very nearly did. I don't know what the new Sith have planned. But I want to get back out there. And I want to find out. Because I am a warrior. All the war I've been through has made me into one when I'd rather not be. But now that I am, there's no going back. And I will die to protect the Jedi Order from the Sith."

"The mark of a true Jedi, that is," Yoda said gravely. The pair started to walk away, and finally Obi-Wan allowed himself to move.

"How is Maul alive?" he hissed the moment the two Jedi were out of sight.

"I don't know, but he had everyone fooled," Anakin replied. "Both with the fact that he was supposed to be dead and with the fact that he's a Jedi." Anakin spat the last word as if it was poison on his tongue.

"I'm going to kill him," Obi-Wan growled. "And this time I am going to make sure he stays dead."

"Wait, love," Anakin said. "Wait until Order 66. Then you can find him personally."

"Fine," Obi-Wan sighed. "Come on, let's go report to Master and then go kill something." 

They kept moving, still keeping to the shadows in case any more Jedi decided to walk their way. Obi-Wan had to admit it was nice to just walk with Anakin, even if they were going to report to Sidious about everything.

"Ahsoka'll be bored out of her mind," Anakin remarked in an undertone.

"She's always bored," Obi-Wan replied with a dry chuckle.

They reached the rendezvous to find Ahsoka leaning against a wall with her hood pulled low over her face. She almost appeared to be asleep. 

"Snips?" Anakin said, a question in his tone.

"Finally," Ahsoka said, lowering her hood with one hand. "You only took absolutely forever, Skyguy."

"Yes, well, we were delayed," Obi-Wan said.

"By who?" Ahsoka asked, managing to look even more bored than usual, as if she totally didn't care about the answer. Knowing her, she probably didn't.

"Maul," Obi-Wan said.

"WHAT?!" Ahsoka exploded, dropping her bored look in an instant.

"And he's a Jedi Knight," Anakin added.

"WHAT?!" Ahsoka exclaimed again. "How? Why?"

"We don't know," Obi-Wan said.

"Calm down, Snips," said Anakin placatingly. "We'll find out."

"Well, we definitely have to report now," muttered Ahsoka. "I've got the comm."

She laid the holocomm unit on the ground and all three Sith lowered their hoods and knelt, heads bowed, as the hologram of their master, Darth Sidious, appeared.