11

Richie looks over at Beverly. She grabs his hand and he answers, "Yeah, I'm really sorry. It's not you, I promise-"

Connor hangs up while Richie is talking. "Well, I did it.," Richie says, looking over at Beverly, "What now?"

"Nothing.," She answers.

"What do you mean 'nothing'?," Richie asks, "What about Eds-"

"Don't worry about it right now. You literally just broke up with Connor."

"Yeah, you're right.," Richie says, "Anyways, what do you want to do now?"

"Pray that Henry doesn't kill you at school tomorrow. Or ever, really.," Beverly answers.

"That sounds fun. Or we could just start planning my funeral because there's no getting around that.," Richie jokes. Richie gets a notification on his phone. It was a text from Connor that read, "Richie, are you okay? You breaking up with me seems a little random and if I did something wrong, I'm sorry. I love you ❤️."

Richie sighs and replies, "I promise you didn't do anything. I just think I need to focus on myself a little more."

Connor doesn't text back after that. Richie felt like an asshole for breaking up with him so sudden- not to mention he did it over the phone. Richie goes off of his texts and opens instagram, searching for Connor's profile. He hadn't hesitated to delete the few pictures he had posted with Richie. Richie then does the same thing on his profile.

Meanwhile, Eddie was laying in his bed as he opens snapchat. On both Stan and Bill's snapchat stories were selfies they had taken while at Bill's house. Next, on Mike's story, Mike had managed to get a video of Richie jumping in the hammock and falling. Eddie laughs before screen recording the video.

Then, he came across Connor's snapchat story. He only had Connor on his snapchat in the first place because Connor had added all of Richie's friends when they first met Connor. His story had a picture of half of his face, and he had tears on his cheeks. Most of the people on his snapchat posted pictures like that for attention, so Eddie wasn't too worried about him. However, he was a little curious. He replied to his story, "are you okay?"

A few minutes pass and Connor answers Eddie, "Idk."

eddie
do you want to talk about it?

Connor Bowers
Richie broke up with me.

Eddie's eyes widen as he replies, "damn, i'm sorry :(". Connor leaves him on 'opened'.
Eddie remembered that Richie mentioned Connor still hadn't said anything to his family. That could be a reason Richie broke up with Connor, but Eddie couldn't help but wonder if there was a different reason. Eddie quickly opens his texts.

Richie had taken a bottle of his mom's nail polish for Beverly to paint his nails. After Beverly finishes painting the first nail, she gets a text from Eddie that read, "BEVERLY"

Beverly puts the lid on the nail polish to reply to Eddie, "WHAT?"

CONNOR SAID RICHIE
BROKE UP WITH HIM

eddie, i'm at richie's house
i already know

WHY DID HE BREAK
UP WITH HIM

idk

i mean i feel bad for connor
but like

eds, richie literally just
broke up with him like,
two minutes ago. 💀

yeah you're right sorry

Beverly locks her phone and sets it down before continuing to paint Richie's nails. "Who was that?," Richie asks Beverly. "Eddie.," she answers as she brushes the dark purple polish onto Richie's nail, "He was just wondering what I was doing."

"Oh.," Richie says. They make small talk while Beverly continues to paint Richie's nails. It felt weird for Beverly to be doing this with someone else besides Eddie.

She finishes painting his nails and Richie sends a picture of them to Eddie and Stan on snapchat. Eddie replies back with a picture of his nails that still had nail polish on them. Stan replies with a picture of the top half of his face, his eyes puffy, with the caption, "What are you doing right now?"

Confused, Richie takes a picture of his ceiling and asks, "Nothing. Have you been crying?"

Stan was still at Bill's house, and Bill had already fallen asleep. Stan didn't talk about his feelings much, but it was late and he was tired, plus he was spending the night at his crush's house. Bill had been asleep for about forty five minutes after talking to Stan about his feelings for Beverly.

Stan replies to Richie with another picture of his puffy eyes and asks, "Is anyone with you?"

Richie takes a picture of Beverly next to him and sends it to Stan.

Stan replies with a picture of one side of his face and says, "Nevermind."

However, Richie wanted to know who or what was making one of his best friends cry, so he facetimes Stan. Stan picks up shortly after and says, "Hey, Richie."

Beverly notices that Richie's on facetime with Stan and rests her head on Richie's shoulder as she waves to Stan. Richie asks, "What's wrong?"

Stan shrugs. He felt that if he were to say it out loud, he would just cry even more.

"Do I need to kill Henry and his dumbass friends?," Beverly asks, and Stan shakes his head.

"Is it about the person you like?," Richie asks.

Stan nods and more tears fall down his cheeks.

"What happened, did she reject you or something?," Beverly asks.

"He, actually.," Stan corrects her with a shaky voice, "And, no. I haven't said anything to him."

"Oh.," Beverly says, surprised.

"He's just so cute and sweet but- no offense to you, Bev- he won't shut up about you.," Stan sighs, wiping tears from his cheeks.

"Oh, so it is Bill!," Richie says, "Or is it Ben? Or someone else-"

"It's Bill."

"I knew it!"

"Not the time, trashmouth!," Beverly shakes her head, before looking at Stan through Richie's phone screen, "What was he saying?"

"He just keeps going on about how he wants to ask you to prom but he's not a hundred percent sure if you'll want to go with him or Ben.," Stan tells Beverly.

"Tell him you heard that Ben already asked me.," she suggests, "I'm sure he will eventually-"

"And then go from hearing him talk about you to hearing him cry about you? No thanks."

"That's when you make a move, Stan the man!," Richie tells him.

"You're not helping at all.," Stan rolls his eyes, "I'll just ask someone with more sense than you, Rich."

Stan hangs up on Richie and calls Eddie on facetime.

///

hey guys! i'm sorry this chapter took so long to update but its here now lol 💀 anyways, happy new year and thank you guys for 2k reads!