▪️daichi the great▪️

"Daichi, c'mon, we're going to be late" Sugawara ushered him, but Daichi just scoffed. He continued looking at himself in the mirror, not admiring himself, just thinking that he looks weird. He had gotten used to Yokozawa's handmade clothing, it was a bit oversized but fit him nicely - these royal clothes were tight and quite frankly uncomfortable in the lower region.

"This is... very bizarre. Is there really nothing better we can put on?" Daichi complained. Sugawara walked up to him, standing next to him. 

"Look at us. We look great! This was a gift from mother and father, we should honor them! Look, I'm wearing the accessories Chite has given me! This is important for them, you know?" Sugawara said, he smiled at Daichi before placing a small kiss on his cheek. "It's important for me too", Sugawara's warm smile melted away all the uncomfortable feelings Daichi might have had.

"Alright... Let's get going..." Daichi finally caved in and the two of them left the room. The castle was bustling with maids and other workers, they were preparing for many visits that were to come. After the feats that Daichi accomplished, many kings and queens from other kingdoms were planning to visit - well, that's quite obvious too - Daichi released the kingdom from the curse. His power in magic was outstanding and the nature had blossomed like never before. People were enjoying the long-awaited months of summer, gathering their multiple harvests and taking care of animals who finally could enjoy grazing on fresh grass and flowers. 

Perhaps the most important animals that had come back were bees! The kingdom used to be known for their quality honey, made by bees who weren't restricted in any way, by bees who were loved and cared for - they had come back and the honey was the same color as Sugawara's enthralling eyes.

"Your Majesties, your horses are ready," one of the servants said, interrupting Daichi's train of thought.

"Oh, okay, thank you!" Daichi said and the two of them marched out of the castle. The deafening shrieks of people made Daichi zone out for a moment. It was... incredible. Thousands of people were cheering for the two, screaming blessings and throwing flower petals at them. 

"The inauguration ceremony was a week ago, how long do you think this will last?" Daichi asked. Sugawara squeezed his hand tightly, smiling brightly as he turned to Daichi.

"Aren't you happy about this?" he asked.

"I am, I'm just worried about their voices and their businesses" Daichi chuckled a bit, but his smile soon went away. "We also need to make sure they don't use your old title"

"Oh, you mean, Koushi the Ruthless? I kind of like it, actually. It's a good contrast to yours - Daichi the Great" Sugawara laughed, not taking his old title to heart - he knew he had made mistakes. but now with Daichi by his side everything was going to be alright.

"I want them to give you a better one, like Koushi the Adorable, or Koushi the Beautiful!"

"It's enough if you just call me that, now c'mon, let's go ride through town and explore a bit!" Sugawara cheerfully pulled Daichi's hand and led him towards the horses. The crowd split as they made their way, people had tears in their eyes - happy tears of course - they were offering gifts to Daichi and thanking Sugawara for returning to his old self.

The ride around town was not much similar from interacting with the crowd by the kingdom - people wanted to show their gratitude to the new kings. Daichi paid a few visits to people who he needed to thank. The old lady selling baked goods who kept him fed during the cold winter, with all the new products available she was flourishing and had opened up her own bakery instead of her usual cart. He visited the magnificent man at the herb shop who kept thanking him for reviving his plants at a crucial moment, he gave him many herbs as a gift - which Daichi appreciated deeply, considering he had been teaching many younger people medicine and how to make magic concoctions for illnesses. He made sure to stop by many places that supported him through his journey to get rid of the curse.

Their next stop was the old witch's house, Junsuina was in charge of the place and was doing a good job. The moment the curse was lifted, the ban on magic also disappeared and so Junsuina practiced it legally and even began teaching it to some kids from the woods (they're quite a mysterious bunch, seem like a group of rascals, but they're so well-mannered. Nobody knows where they are from...). She was thankful for the visit and for the respect that Sugawara and Daichi paid for her late mother. 

Yokozawa and Chite as always stuffed them with homemade food and gave them so many gifts they could barely carry it, Daichi finally got to meet their sons too, who immediately recognized Daichi as their brother. As the evening was approaching slowly and the sun had  begun slowly setting, painting the sky in the most beautiful colors - the two finally set out.

"There is one more place I want to go to" Daichi said as Sugawara prepared to get on his horse. 

"What place?"

"It's hard to explain, just follow me"

With those words, Daichi began riding in a completely opposite direction of the kingdom, further in the woods following a somewhat existing path. Sugawara followed him intentively, trying to figure out what this place was. After what seemed like an hour, finally Daichi stopped - he looked around and up to the sky as if searching for something. His eyes caught the blue dot on a branch nearby.

A small bird with feathers light blue with a touch of white here and there, it looked like someone had taken a piece of a sky and put in on a bird. "Wow, it's the first time I've seen a Sky with my own eyes" Sugawara marveled at the small bird, "so, what is this place?"

"This is where I woke up," Daichi said, looking or the exact spot.

"Here? It's weird... I mean, the nature is lusher here than anywhere else..."

"Yeah, I want to find the exact spot, we could place something here as an indication where everything started" Daichi smiled to himself.

"That's a really good idea, actually" Sugawara smiled at him.

"Oh, I think I found the spot" Daichi said and turned to Sugawara. He took another step and placed his foot in the exact spot where he had once woken up... suddenly he felt himself sinking into the ground. His eyes flashed with despair as Sugawara jumped forward and extended his hand.

"Daichi! Daichi!!" he yelled, but his voice soon disappeared as Daichi sank completely in. The darkness that surrounded him was painful, his lungs felt as if they were on fire and he could barely breathe.

...

...

...

"Daichi!" a familiar voice echoed through the darkness and his eyes shot open. It took him a while to get adjusted to the view in front of him. A familiar pair of golden eyes stared at him with a sign of relief in them. "Dude, I thought you were a goner..."

"Kuroo?"

..

..

...

OOp this is a reminder for all of us that uhhh this started with Kuroo. Ushijima and Daichi. Look how far we've come.

Anyway, see you in the epilogue!

Hatari.