Chapter 17 - Endgame

So, it's been a while since I last updated on this story, and I promised myself I would've updated on a final chapter a couple of weeks after Endgame had come out... but that never happened.

I guess you could say uni and studies were weighing me down, but I have promised myself more and more to get this chapter out and be finally happy that it was all over; to finish this when it had all begun.

Let me say that I loved Endgame, and although I was sad at the end of what happened with certain characters, I am more than happy to finally give Rocket his happy ending.

I hope you all enjoy this and I'm sorry for the wait... thank you for holding out.

P.S. This will be written in Rocket's POV.

Spoilers for Avengers: Endgame, I would advise you not to read this!!

For those who are interested or know, you can continue to read at your own risk!! ENJOY!!!❤️💚💙💛💜 

------------------------------

Rocket knew that he couldn't be dreaming, nor something in the part of his mind that had been modified was making him imagine things. After all the years of waiting, the nightmares, the tears and anger, Rocket couldn't believe that the plan had worked.

Could it really be her? Or was this all some cruel joke that he wasn't in on?

He had been with the Avengers on Earth, planning day in and night to get his family back, restless of thinking that in his possible short life, he might never see those he truly loved again.

He still remembered her face, haunting his dreams and visions every time he shut his eyes, there to plague the mind of his failures in wishing to be alone, to finally seek independence...

But not like this.

Her face, it was still the same when he had seen her in Wakanda when she was bloodied, but damn, did she look gorgeous. A warrior queen seeking to save him when he thought he was strong enough to pick himself up.

Rocket didn't know if there was a part of him that believed, he was so against the notion all the time, in the emptiness in his chest where his muscles ached and there was eternal pain from the experiments, he thought of himself as to be more human than anything else.

And there she was, some sort of mirage standing in front of him in front of the carnage of Stark Industries, where the past version of Thanos had come to seek blood on the entire universe.

He thought he would be dead down there, crushed by rubble, and he counted the minutes he was under, feeling the sweat and bloodstain his fur, water rushing in making him believe he would truly die down there.

 He got out, with some help, and here he was, fighting all of Thanos' goons with every part of him that begged for him to take everything back; to wish that he would just for two seconds, see her again.

She thought as confidently as she always did, standing and fighting for herself with every inch of power that radiated off of her like the sun itself. He looked at her like she was indeed the sun, a powerful being that had taken his heart and swept him off his own feet.

He had taken some of those beasts down when she thought she had been surrounded, her back turned towards him as she thought she would be outnumbered. Rocket knew it had been her just from her clothing, her height, he was pulled to her and pulled into saving her.

Just to see her face, one more time. He thought, only that he could dream.

He had stopped dead in his tracks, listening to the sounds of the battle going on around them, and in his own harsh breathing, she could hear his own heart stammer with nerves. What was he doing? There was chaos going on around him, and here he was, acting like a love-stricken puppy.

With the words dry on his tongue, Rocket found the strength within to say the words to get her attention:

"Y/N?"

She had heard him, and God, did he nearly break down and begin to cry just at the sight of her finally there.

His knees wobbled, nearly making him fall, and she had sensed it. "Rocket." And she was running to catch him before he crumpled.

He clung to her like a toddler, crying into her jacket covered in soot, and he could feel her hugging him back, stroking his fur and whispering everything of undying love to him.

"T-Toots, I thought, I thought... I would never see you again."

He was skinner than the last time she had seen him before she thought it would be her ultimate death, and Y/N thought maybe she had died, that the universe was not wanting her there anymore.

He was still the same Rocket she remembered, the same Rocket she loved. They didn't need to speak, the thought of finally being together whilst those around them fought was enough to make them strive to want to continue this fight, even now after finding each other once again.

He was whispering gibberish incoherently into her chest, clinging with all his might in fear of letting for, feeling a kiss press into his forehead, a kiss for love and longing.

With quivering lips, Y/N finally spoke back to him:

"Oh Rocky, I'm here. I'm here. You did it."

-

It was short but I tried to keep it simple, I didn't want to go too long into it, but writing in Rocket's POV was something I wanted to do for a while. I hope you enjoyed this, I enjoyed writing it. 

HOPE EVERYONE HAS HAD A GOOD CHRISTMAS TOO, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR, THIS IS FOR EVERYONE, I HAVE LOVED WRITING THIS STORY, AND I HOPE IN THE FUTURE I COULD WRITE MORE FOR ROCKET RACCOON, AND SEE MORE OF HIM IN THE MCU.

Thank you guys, for everything.

-Mockingbirdsdontsing