I Love You

Trigger Warning: Depictions of gore, Near death experiences, and pretty heavy angst!

-Izuku had to tell Ochaco one last thing before he died, in case he died, I love you

Ochako screamed, tears streaming down her face as she cried out into the empty air.

"Stay with me, stay with me!"

Her vision blurred with tears as she looked down at Izuku, his hair wet and sticky with sweat, his eyes screwed tight in pain, his mouth a thin line. Cuts decorated his flesh, bruises were beginning to form, but the stab wound...the stab wound was what scared her most: it was right smack-dab in the middle of his stomach, and he was losing blood from it fast.

"I-Izuku? Hey, s-stay with me!" She brought up her hand to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"Mmmmngh," he groaned quietly as his hand shakily moved to his stomach, bloodying his already dirty gloves. He winced before slowly opening his eyes. The light normally in his vibrant emerald eyes was dim, but it was still there. "O-Ochako?" His voice was hoarse and tired.

"Y-yeah, I'm here," she sniffled and offered a small smile, trying to make things somewhat better. "I'll always be here Izuku, always," she sniffled again.

Izuku smiled and raised a shaky hand to cup Ochako's cheek. He used his thumb to attempt to wipe away the tears streaming down, but all he ended up doing was smearing blood and dirt.

"Hey, d-don't cry, it's gonna be okay, I am here, I'm still here." He gave her a broken smile.

"It's not gonna be okay; you're hurting, Izuku, you're not going to be okay..." she murmured, bringing her hand to cradle the one on her cheek as she sobbed softly.

"H-hey, Ochako, I promise it'll be okay," he closed his eyes for a bit. Ochako's breath hitched in her throat, but before she could say anything, his eyes were open again, aglow with determination. This look seemed unnatural for someone in that much pain, but here he was, determined and smiling.

"Ochako, ca-" he coughed, a stream of blood dribbling out of his mouth. "Can I tell you something?" Izuku was smiling at her, dying but almost peaceful.

"Of course you can, j-just...don't make it the last thing you tell me." She tried to play it off as a joke with a small smile. He chuckled quietly at that, and nodded.

"It won't be, but, Ochako, I-" he coughed again, his face flushed. It was strange: he was in pain, but had time to be embarrassed; it reminded her of high school as she felt a pang of nostalgia course through her. "Ochako, I..."

"I love you." He smiled and closed his eyes.

"I-Izuku...?" She shook him slightly. He stirred, but didn't open his eyes.

"H-hey," she cried softly, "you can't just tell me that and not even give me a chance to respond..." She lifted him up and hugged him to her chest, sobbing into his shoulder.

"I love you, too."