Chapter 2

Jiang Cheng

After that whole sappy event, Wei Wuxian and I went to do a lot of shopping, and we also went to the hospital. The doctor and Wei Wuxian congratulated me, as I was really pregnant and he gave me the proof that I wanted, so I could show Lan Huan.

I was kind of anxious, after the whole ordeal just thinking about what I was going to tell Lan Huan when he came back from work. Wei Wuxian and I talked for a bit more, until he told me he had to go because he had to make dinner for his twins and husband.

I sighed and sat down on the couch again, my thoughts running wild, the bad thoughts and the good ones. I then heard the front door open, and a familiar voice speak, "I'm home..." I gulped, and my hands started to tremble with fright.

I didn't respond back, "Wanyin? Is he here...?" He whispers to himself until I see him come into the living room. "There you are Wanyin...why didn't you respond bac-" I didn't want to look up at him, 'Please...don't hate me...' I wanted to cry, I wanted to run away, but...I can't...I have to do this.

I feel Lan Huan come closer to me, "Are you feeling okay Wanyin? Its ok, you can talk to me about it..." He sits next to me and hugged me close to his chest.

My eyes started to tear up, 'Why...why are you so nice to me? Will you abandon me after I tell you this?' I close my eyes as to calm my heart. After I had calmed down Lan Huan was still holding my hand.

I took a deep breath, and I asked him a question. "Lan Huan..."

"Hm...? Yes Wanyin?" He says while he squeezes my hand affectionately.

"Um...would...you want to..." I gulped with a bit of nervousness, and Xichen was just waiting in anticipation for what his precious husband was about to say.

"Would you...want to form a...family with me?" I say, my voice trembling with anxiousness.

"..."

'W-why...isn't Lan Huan speaking? Does...he hate the idea? Will he actually leave me?' I was about to start crying again and get up to apologize to him when I look up at him.

My eyes widen....

'He's...crying?'

"...Wanyin..." I hug him, 'Is...he happy?'

He separates from me, and his tearful smile almost made my heart melt.

"Of course I want to have a family with you Wanyin..." He kisses my forehead, and my eyes widen while my cheeks reddened, 'I should tell him...'

"Lan Huan...I also have something else to tell you..." I say in a whisper. "Hm?" He holds my hand and looks into my eyes. I take a deep breath, and I close my eyes to calm myself down. Lan Huan sees this and squeezes my hand tenderly so I could continue.

"You won't have to wait...that much longer for a family..." I look up at him for a minute, then I look down and I touch my stomach tenderly.

Once I look up again his face was blank."What? What...do you..." I could see the invisible gears turning in his head through his eyes, and he finally caught on. He looks at me, his eyes tearing up once more.

"Wanyin...a-are...are you pregnant??" He starts crying and I nod while more tears stream down my cheeks. He starts laughing and he hugs me closer once more, this time though he leans down and kisses my stomach tenderly.

He looks up at me, and he smiles brightly, "Thank You Wanyin..." He sits up and kisses me with such tenderness for a while until our kiss becomes a bit more passionate. However, once we ran out of air we separated and just stared at each other's eyes.