25. 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗶𝗲𝘀

Start from the beginning

Then, Eszter follows Michelle further down a few aisles before claiming their seats.

Suddenly, Brad walks forward and leans over the seats, beaming with excitement as his eyes were practically heart-eyes. "Classic Eszter, am I right?" Brad rushes over toward his seat, and to his delight, he was merely a seat in front of Eszter.

The smile on Peter's face falls into a grimace, and he carefully watches Brad, who was offering Michelle assistance with her bag. But wait, since when did Brad like Eszter? How can Peter now be finding out? Surely Peter has nothing to worry about as he and Eszter made their relationship official, but Brad doesn't know that. In fact, the only people to know are their friends. Of course, Peter knew Eszter's complexion and personality attract anyone, but he trusts his girlfriend more than anyone in the world.

Peter is definitely not insecure.

"Hey, Eszter," Brad greets. The enhanced flashes the boy a soft smile but furrows her brows a little confused, barely knowing him. "I don't know if you know me, but--"

"Of course, I know you," Eszter rolls her eyes, folding her arms over her chest. She knew where this was going, and although she's flattered, Eszter wasn't interested in Brad or anyone other than the boy she's dating. "We've been in the same two classes all year. But I do remember when you were that one little kid who used to cry and get nosebleeds a lot."

Chuckling uncomfortably at the memory, Brad grimaces. "Uh, yeah, that was me," he flashes a flirty smile. Eszter sensed the boy's emotions shifting between flirty to nervous, then a little bit of confidence. "Things changed over the five years since the Blip, and I've changed. I went to the gym a lot, stopped all the crying, and managed my nosebleeds."

"Yeah, you have," Eszter purses her lips. Sensing another emotion from across her seat, the enhanced glances passed Brad and onto two lingering eyes peeking over their seats; Eszter spotted Peter and Ned watching their interaction, but upon being discovered, the boys quickly hid behind their chair. "I'm gonna go sit now."

Eszter could scoff at the sight of her boyfriend and best friend spying on her, probably thinking that the enhanced couldn't be trusted; however, Eszter knew that couldn't be the truth because that's not what Peter was feeling. She knew he trusted her, there was no doubt in that, but Eszter could sense Peter's feelings toward Brad weren't reciprocated.

"Oh! Yeah, me, too," Brad chuckles nervously. "Guess I'll talk to you after the plane."

Humming without a thought, Eszter turns her back toward Brad before slipping past Betty and plopping herself onto the uncomfortable chair. The enhanced huffs to herself. Next to her, Michelle merely chuckles, capturing Eszter's attention as the enhanced glanced at her friend, confused.

"Why are you looking at me like that? It's creeping me out."

"You, of all people, have got to notice what just happened."

Much to Eszter's dismay, she understood. "I don't want to talk about it," the enhanced flicks her eyes up to the row in front of her, sensing Brad's presence and his giddy emotions. He was ecstatic and hopeful, and Eszter didn't like that he felt that way toward her. "That was just weird."

"Brad Davis has the hots for you," Michelle cackles low, but this caught Eszter off-guard. The enhanced smacked the girl abruptly, hushing her as she claimed Brad must've heard her, but he hadn't. "That's gold."

"It really doesn't matter. He's probably just a little excited that he's hanging out with the Blipped kids."

Michelle makes a face. "That makes no sense."