Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

I let my wolf out. She flowed out like liquid. One moment, I was me. The next, I was huddled in a corner of Snow's mind. I gladly let her through. Let her be in control. She growled once in Damon's direction, just as unhappy as me. Before I could cheer at her reaction, she was gone. We ran out of the room, exploding through the door and out into the woods.

We ran for what seemed like forever. No direction in mind. Just gone. If I had been a little more calm, I would have grabbed my kids and left.

~They're safer where they are.~ Snow growled in my head. She kept running. I knew why she did it. We were dangerous right now. No, we would never hurt our children, but we needed a release. We needed to let the rage and pain bleed through our pores. Sitting in a car, would only make it worse. The build up alone could have had me shifting in the car. So, yes, they were safer.

That hurt a part of me. Knowing they were safer away from me. It should be the opposite. I let the hurt out in howls. The pack, who could hear the anguished cries returned them. They knew I had bonded. As I bonded with Damon, I bonded with them. They could feel my heartache and fear. Voices came, bombarding me with questions of concern. I imagined a nice brick wall surrounding me, and the voices were gone.

After what seemed like hours, Snow slowed. We paused at a stream, drinking as fast as we could. After we had our fill, we laid down. We were suddenly very tired.

'What does this mean for us now?' I asked Snow. She laid her head on her paws, her ears alert for danger, and gave a wolfy sigh.

~I am not sure.~ I hugged my legs closer. It was oddly comforting being in her head.

"What do we do about Alyssa?" I weirdly felt her ears lower at the thought. It was definitely an odd feeling.

~If he is her true mate, he won't hurt her. He should only feel protective.~ I scoffed at that.

"Or he could be some pedo wanting his filthy hands on our baby." I felt Snow's rage rise again.

~Then we tear him apart and feed him his male parts.~ Whether in jest or in truth, the thought made me giggle.

"What about Damon?" Snow growled at my words. At least she wasn't panting at our mate.

~Stupid human.~ She got up and went to the stream, drinking a bit more.

"Yes, but what do we do?" She shook her head. Was she answering me or was drying herself?

~What would you do?~ Snow asked. I thought about it. How do we handle this?

"Make him suffer?" I questioned. Snow gave a wolfy laugh and nodded.

~That's my girl!~ She began running again, this time in the direction of the alpha house.

******************************************************************************

*Damon P.O.V.*

Well, that could have gone better. I rubbed the back of my head, feeling the bump that was already forming. Goddess, she was strong.

~She should have cracked your skull.~ Blaze growled. Yeah, if I was her, I would have done more than push me and try to slap me. Though, that slap would would have hurt a lot more considering her claws were out. I'm not a complete ass, I would have taken that slap. I just didn't want my face peeled from my skull. I understand how releasing a good fight could be. Especially if said fight transformed into angry sex, which then transformed to make up sex.

~Maybe she did crack your skull. You need to be thinking on how to fix this. Not about mating.~ Blaze growled.

'Don't worry. We'll fix this.' I said. Was that for me or for my wolf? I heard her wolf's howls and the packs response and I nearly dropped to my knees. The pain. Her wolf was in so much pain. Her last words echoed back to me and I put my head in my hands. My little pity party was broken up though. By possibly the last person I wanted to see.