Chapter 19: A Year Late

We stood in the TARDIS, looking at each other, each probably thinking the same thing, was I staying. That was the question, wasn't it? The Doctor's eyes were full of hope, but I think he knew what my answer would be. Martha looked undecided, as if she couldn't choose if she wanted me to stay or not.

I closed my eyes, sighing. I was afraid my decision was made.

"Doc, you know me well enough- I can't stay. I-I have family I have to get back to." I stumbled over the words, his face falling.

"I should've known better. But, you don't always go home. I-I know that much, Tessa. I'm not an idiot, tell me. Please. Where do you go when you don't travel with me?" He pleaded, his face so heart broken. I gazed down at my filthy white converse, debating with myself.

Cautiously, I glanced back up through my long, dark eyelashes. I wheezed in a breath, almost like the sound the TARDIS made. "Okay." I mumbled, I felt terrible. Like I was betraying his trust, all of their trusts.

"But first, you have to drop me off at home." I continued, smiling slightly. I had discovered a crazy idea, one he wouldn't forgive me for for a long time.

"Fine. But then you'll tell me?"

"Of course!" I placed my hand on the console, murmuring words to the TARDIS, hoping she'd help me out.

He dashed madly around the console, extremely excited to finally figure out where I went every time I left.

We landed, and I swung open the doors, stepping out into the London air.

"According to how you reacted when we met in 1599, I'd say you just left past me, I think we were headed to see Charles Dickens. Did I get it right? Now you exclaiming that I was '10' confuses me." He rambled stepping out with me. Martha stayed behind, leaving us.

I hate this plan. I thought, stepping closer to the Doctor, pulling his head down to my lips, gently kissing him. He smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist, my hands running through his hair. Quickly, I pulled away, shoving him in the TARDIS, patting the old girl to fly away.

"Tessa Lecteur!" He called, furious. I cringed, waving slightly as the TARDIS disappeared. i looked around at my surroundings, noticing more then I had before.

Papers were stapled everywhere, flying around in the air. Another TARDIS stood farther away, a kid spray painting the words 'Bad Wolf' on the side. Walking down the street, oblivious to the TARDIS was the annoying Mickey Smith.

He passed by me, keeping his face down, his hood up. When he continued on, heading up to his flat complex.

Silently, I ran up to one of the paper's reading it carefully, my mouth dropping open in shock as I read the page.

Can You Help? It read, a photograph of Rose and I following. A description of the two of us ended the page, but even after finishing reading it, I stared blankly at the words as they smudged together, my eyes not blinking.

I shook my head, rage spilling over.

"DOCTOR!"

Author's Note

Hallo, so as you all have guessed by now, this is ANOTHER transition chapter.

So, to wrap up confusion.

10 wants to know where Tessa keeps going when she's not traveling with him, and she says that she will tell him, AFTER he flies the TARDIS to her present day London. She tricks him and has the TARDIS fly him away and prevent him from returning immediately.

She then realizes that she's been gone longer then she thought, beginning Season 1 Episode 4, 'The Aliens of London'

Luv,

-C