Chapter 1: You're a Witch, Harri

Eleven years later...

Number Four Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey

"WAKE UP GIRL AND MAKE US SOME BREAKFAST!!! YOU KNOW WE DON'T LIKE BEING KEPT WAITING WITH OUR FOOD; SO GET TO IT!!!!" a shrill voice yelled as it woke up the intended person.

Kamaria under the blood glamour

Harriet Potter crawled out of her room, the cupboard under the stairs, and numbly walked into the kitchen to start making breakfast for her relatives. 

Ever since she was old enough to help around the house, her aunt and uncle have been making her do all the work; cooking, cleaning, tending the garden, laundry, you name it.

Whenever she didn't complete a chore right, Vernon beat her up to the point of where she lost consciousness.

But, today was a special day because it was her 11th birthday. For the past few weeks, owls have been appearing to her house to deliver Hogwarts Acceptance Letters, only for each letter to be ignored.

To prevent the owls from finding them, Uncle Vernon took his family to hide in a small house on a rock in the middle of the ocean.

On her cousin Dudley's birthday, they took him to the zoo. It was while they were visiting the Reptile House that Harri learned she could speak to snakes.

As soon as the clock struck midnight, a big, hairy man appeared in the doorway and asked menacingly, "Where's 'arri?".

Harriet slowly walked up to the man and introduced herself, wondering why he would be looking for her.

"I don't know what you're talking about, sir. I'm not a witch; magic doesn't even exist. I'm Harri, just Harri," the child whispered as if it were a mantra beaten into her.

The man, who introduced himself as Rubeus Hagrid, turned to her aunt, uncle, and cousin in a fury as he snarled, "You didn't tell her? You didn't tell her she was a witch?".

Her Aunt Petunia, too scared to speak like the rest of her family, just shook her head as she trembled. Hagrid turned to Harri and told her, "Come on, 'arri. We need to get y're school supplies."

In the morning, Hagrid took Harri to Diagon Alley through a shortcut in the Leaky Cauldron. As they entered the Alley, Harri couldn't help but be amazed by all the wizarding shops, and broke out of her thoughts as they entered Gringotts.

One of the goblin workers, Griphook, took Harri to a separate room because he wanted to speak with her while Hagrid went to make a withdrawal for Dumbledore.

"Ms. Potter-"

"Harri. Just call me Harri. Please, Mr. Griphook."

"Very well. Harri, I wanted to discuss your heritage if you don't mind."