CHAPTER 1

Summer vacations is what every student wishes during the school year. They get to have free time and have fun for a long period of time without worrying about school and studying. But this summer was a summer that the whole West River High would never forget. The sudden death of a student named Ivy Collins shocked not only her friends and classmates but the whole city. Everyone seemed to have something to say about the accident as summer vacations were coming to an end. It had been the hot issue for over a month. Who killed young Ivy? Many suspected it was either her mom or her dad, as they didn't have the best connection and chemistry and they often argued according to Margaret's statement. Margaret Whyte had been Ivy's best friend since elementary school. The two girls would be inseparable, until Ivy started distancing herself from everyone at the beginning of last semester. Her last semester.

................................................................................................................................................................

FLASHBACK 7 MONTHS AGO

"Can't you be more responsible and take care of your stuff?" Ms.Collins seemed very unhappy by her daughter's immaturity. She was very demanding and couldn't bear in mind that her child, Ivy Collins was not the perfect student and daughter.

Ivy on the other side struggled with school a lot due to her parents' pressure and obsession with high grades and their social image. Ivy ought to have the best manners. Ivy ought to dress well and look decent. Ivy ought to study and be the best student. Ivy ought to obey and do what the family decided. It's not like it would be the end of the world if she lost a bracelet she bought when she was 12 years old at the school's bazaar, but losing stuff equals irresponsibility in her family so she had to find it if she didn't want to be grounded. Although she was not the naïve type and would always try to satisfy everyone and be the best version of herself, that wasn't enough for the Collins, since she was an only child and the oldest grandchildren she had to be the example for the rest of the family, something that would of course give prestige to her parents and make her grandmother look up to her son and his wife(Ivy's mom and dad)for raising such an amazing and well grown woman. Even though you would think she came from a rich family and her parents would be doctors or well known lawyers, actually her mother was a history teacher while her dad was retired, former economist. Mama Collins didn't seem so obsessed with her daughter to everyone else. She was the caring mother who was a little bit strict and over-protective.

"I'm gonna be late for school, I'll find it later when I come back home" Ivy responded while trying to tie her shoe laces in a hurry.

She is not the obedient type that whispers and says "yes mom" all the time, but more like the type that tries to hold herself in order to avoid any conflicts with her parents. The casual cold-hearted teenager that shows no emotion and sensitiveness, the ultimate ice queen. But they would rather call her the not-interested girl. She wasn't the famous girl, however she was presentable and she was pretty popular between her classmates for her good grades and her mysterious physique and attitude. She didn't have time to go out often, or mostly not allowed to, as a result of her not having many friends, let alone a boyfriend. Even if she did had a boyfriend no one would probably never know as she is very aware of the fact that if someone knows then her mother knows well too.

Arriving at school, she received no greeting as usual as she walked to her first class, biology. Her least favourite subject. Not being fond of it at all made it hard for her to maintain her grade, her lowest grade, 83. It's not as if she was bad or so, but literally not interested in it. Maybe it was also the teacher's fault. She wasn't the kind type or the one you would like to spend 1 hours in class non-stop.