CAPTURE 3

☆

"ARGH!" The marine soldier cried in pain as my rapier pierced into his shoulder. His sword clatter to his feet and in one swift motion, I lifted it with my foot, sending it flying off the bridge and pushing him along with it. 

"Have a nice day!" I laughed cheerfully as I fixed my heel that was threatening to fall off.

"There's no end to these damn marines!" Franky yelled, but neither woman responded because a loud announcement stopped everyone in their tracks.

"TRIGGERING THE BUSTER CALL! I REPEAT: TRIGGERING THE BUSTER CALL!" The fighting ceased and the marine's swords were lowered at the commanding voice. "TARGETING STRAWHAT LUFFY AND HIS GANG! APPROXIMATE COUNT: 60!!"

It came from no certain place. However, it was louder than the cannons that were constantly being fired around us.

"NICO ROBIN IS EXCLUDED AND IS TO BE LEFT ALIVE! OTHER DETAILS ARE UNIMPORTANT! DESTORY THE ENTIRE JUDICAL ISLAND - ENIES LOBBY!!"

Nico Robin fell to her knees.

"ALL SHIPS, TAKE POSITION!!"

I turned around—her kneeling height just a bit smaller than my standing— and sat my hand on her head with a comforting smile. "THERE!!" Spandam arrogantly yelled from a distance, "LOOK GUYS! THOSE SHIPS WILL BYPASS THIS BRIDGE!!"

"Those people from earlier, they were your friends, right?" I asked her as her head turned up slightly. I could feel her whole body shaking under my hand. I stayed still, watching as her light blue eyes looked into my emerald ones in horror. "I've just arrived. And I know I've never met them before, but–" I looked at Franky's back, Nico Robin slowly following my gaze.

"THE BRIDGE NICO ROBIN IS ON WILL BE TEMPORARILY EXCLUDED FROM THE TARGETS!" the dendenmushi announced as I looked back at the black haired woman.

"I always bet on the right horse!" I told her with a big smile, "Since I'm lucky and all."

She bit her lip, clenching her eyes shut to prevent any tears from leaking out, "I-I....! I didn't...want this!!"

"SEE!! LOOk gUYs!! It's safe here! It's because I'm the chief of CP9!! WABAHAHA!!" Spandam laughed wickedly as his marines ran away despite the announcement saying the bridge was safe.

"Shhh..." I spoke softly as I fixed her messy hair, "Contract or not, I will help you, Nico Robin."

She stared up at me with an indescribable emotion,"....W-Who–what are you?"