52. | There will come a time

Bắt đầu từ đầu

His eyes trail after Y/n's back, seeing the profile of her face gleam with joy as she talks with Bakugou and Hisayo, planning their next adventures before they finish middle school and graduate. But not Izuku, he can't plan those things with his friends...there are no more adventures awaiting him.

He looks at her so lovingly, lips shivering against the summer cold of the night. He thinks back to the first day they met. In that forsaken classroom Izuku hated with all his might, the one place he wished to never return too.  There, he met a girl, a gaze filled with fire and raw ambition.

She was everything he could never comprehend on being. Sure, she had her flaws and their first meeting wasn't the best, but she also had humbleness and apologized for ruining his books. Izuku's heart thrilled when she told him....his dream of becoming a hero was not stupid. Oh what those meant, if only they could save him. 

She protected him with all her heart, she tried her best and Izuku can't ever ask for anything more. His cheeks started stinging as he watched his friends laugh in front of him. When he is gone, Izuku wants them all to understand that this isn't their fault. He is the weak one.

The one who fell behind.

He remembers that day so clearly when they rushed to save him. Y/n used her quirk for the very first time in front of him, she did all she could. Izuku's heart starts throbbing, remembering her soft touches....god she tried so much, he feels so guilty. They were never going to forgive him, but it has to be done.

The festival...the fireworks they watched together. His heart starts throbbing, those were one of his happiest times. If only they could last, if he could get them back before Rose appeared, before his mother died.

You don't deserve to be happy.

Izuku chokes back another cry, his time is slipping now. It's time to say goodbye for the last time.

'I love you all, I truly do...I wish things were different'

But from a tragedy he was born...and tragedy he will become.

<•>

The sun has already set, still there lingers an orange hue on the horizon. He has said goodnight to Y/n's family, even given them all a warm hug to show his appreciation. They looked baffled at first, but welcomed Izuku with open arms, telling him that he is apart of their family.

He grabs Y/n's hand as they walk up the stairs, she is still waiting a reply for her confession and Izuku hasn't forgotten. He bids her a goodnight kiss against her forehead before they part ways, he heard...he heard her giggling with joy. She has no idea.

But inside Izuku's mind, he can only think of one thing.

'Goodbye...I wish you all well'

Izuku sneaks out a while after, embracing the lit streets. His fingers are achingly cold, thinking about how he has a few minutes left to live. It does terrify him, what happens after he dies? Is there a hell? Whatever...he has to do this. He can't live anymore where everyday hurts to breathe, where he cries and wishes things to change.

They are going to change, very soon.

Izuku slips passed people, looking at how they all seem so happy. None of them knew that this boy is about to die, end his life. Would they have stopped him if they knew?

A smile creeps up on Izuku's face. The time is finally here, this forsaken life is going to be over and he can rest. He climbs up an abandoned building, he had to jump, right? There wasn't any other way he dared to commit suicide.