Christmas

Just a heads up: F/A - Favorite Animal 

  Your P.O.V

          Penny and I have been friends a little over a few months now. He would visit me every so often and talk to me, making sure I was doing okay. Though, in this past month he has grown a bit more distant. It was like some kind of switch flipped inside him, he was a bit different each time I saw him. Though there isn't much to explain since I, myself cannot even explain it. I tried to ask him what was the matter and is he needed anything but the same response was always given to me 'I am perfectly fine'. Of course after a bit of this I would just stop asking. It was beginning to draw near to Christmas. One day to be exact, and my birthday that was slowly beginning to come up, it was December 28th. Three days after Christmas. Though that didn't really mean to much to me.

         The cool crisp air filled the house, the smell of sweet pine filled the air in a rather comforting manner. Memories flooded of me from the past Christmases that I could remember from my childhood. Gifts were usually very limited down to three or four due to my mother not owning much, and the decorations were usually just a tree, a few ornaments and colored lights. That was almost how most Christmases were, and my stocking was only filled with some candy and at least one small item to keep me busy. Though, throughout my years, I have learned that gifts do not mean a lot, kids usually showed them off at school before asking me what I have got. Of course I said I don't bring it to school because I didn't want them to find out that we didn't have much. 

       It isn't a bad thing to have barely anything. It was the fact of how you dealt with it. you could be someone who becomes a big bitter scrooge, or you be someone who doesn't care and is happy no matter what. I feel like I am the second option, on the account of I was not a very bitter person. I know some people who are due to either being in a situation like I am, or because are simply so ungrateful for things they didn't get. To me, that shouldn't be why you are bitter, some people just cannot help but become that way I guess. Perhaps it is like what mom says, it is how you are raised. How you are raised can sometimes define who you are. 

     As it was Christmas eve, I did what I usually did. My mom would go to work until late at night and I would wait up for her so I can tell her goodnight before going to bed and waiting for the big man with the white beard to appear as I sleep. Santa of course. I thought about staying up to see him and I am sure if I were to see him he may be happy to see me! Mom says I am a rather good child, so I must be on his Good list. I hope so anyhow. I do my absolute best to do good and I usually do it without being told! Plus I don't want to make anyone's job difficult, that just wouldn't be right!

     I got up and began to head into the living room. My eyes gazing at our Christmas tree (that didn't have all the decorations on it) before inhaling the scent of pine. A smile came across my lips before walking to the kitchen to get eggnog. I grabbed my cup that had a reindeer on it before pouring the thick milk-like liquid into the cup. It wasn't long before a voice that was once distant now close by. "Hello!" the voice chirped warmly before my eyes gazed up on him. It was Penny, but instead of his rather normal, slightly tattered and dirty outfit, he was now in red. The outfit was pretty much the same but it was not red with white balls of fluff, his shoes were green and red and had bells at the tips. It was like a elf outfit. Penny was even wearing a Santa hat! He must really be into the whole Christmas thing. My hand put the carton of eggnog back into the fridge before closing it and soon skipping over to the tall male. I wrapped my arms around him before a small laugh erupted from his lips. 

"It's good to see you y/n!"

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you at all this week. I got worried that you left!" 

His eyes gave a long stare at me before he crouched down to be at the same height, my arms let go as he looked me in the eyes kindly; his mouth opening to speak.