21. Face to face with Varian

Začít od začátku

Then you felt his gloved hand tapping your shoulder. You looked at him with warm eyes. He held out a yellow flower for you, that matched your dress perfectly. Your gaze shifted from Varian's flustered face, and to the flower.

You smiled at him warmly, before lifting your hand to take the flower.

The sky suddenly turned grey, and raindrops started falling upon both of you. You looked confused at Varian, only to see him cry his heart out, looking at something on the ground.

You still held the yellow flower in your hand, but your yellow dress had been replaced with some black clothes.

You looked down at the ground to see a gravestone. Automatically, you kneeled down beside the gravestone, putting the yellow flower beside the word "Quirin".

It wasn't rain that ran down your cheeks, as you walked over beside Varian. Without saying a word, you pulled him into a tight hug. He immediately started to cry, even more than before, putting his wet arms around you, burying his face in your shoulder.

"I'm sorry." You whispered, but to your surprise, Varian whispered the exact same words in your ear. But he didn't sound sad.

Confused you pulled away, only to find yourself on a bridge, that hung far up in the air. You looked at Varian to meet his stone-cold eyes with your teary-ones.

He held you by your shoulders, looking at you, mumbling the same sentence as before. "I'm sorry, (Y/n)."

He began stretching his arms, pushing you closer to the edge.

"Varian, what're you-" You spoke with a shaky voice but was interrupted.

"You weren't there for me. Look what I've become. It's your fault. I have to do this."

Before you could say anything more, he pushed you off.  You didn't scream. You just saw his figure getting smaller as you fell down. He smiled, but he had tears in his eyes.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

You gasped, sitting up in the bed. Your heartbeat was faster than ever. You confusedly looked around, as if you had completely forgotten that you were locked up in a cell. You aggressively wiped the tears away from your face.

You had just had a nightmare. One of your happiest memories with Varian combined with one of your saddest memories with Varian, together with one of your biggest fears. Damn your head.

You were somehow angry at Varian -  more than you already were. Even when he wasn't near you, he still had this power over you.

You tried to calm yourself down, but your whole body was shaking. You gave up, hoping that you eventually would relax.

You looked around at your friends sleeping figure. Andrew leaned against the wall, snoring loudly, and Cassandra had apparently convinced Eugene to sleep on the floor because she was sleeping in the bed like a princess. 

You didn't have a sense of how long you had slept, but you figured it was at least two hours or so. It was still dark outside, but from now on it always will be, so that didn't help much.

God, the thought of never see the sun shining again, was so depressing.

You shivered from the cold breeze that gone through the soon-to-be-exploded window. Your fingers, ears and nose tip was also as cold as ever.