"Oh wow.' Hana's eyes grew thoughtful 'That's going to be super cute. Oh, Jade, can you try to like Uthman? You'll have a pretty face to drool over all day."

She turned to look at Hana and they both giggled. I stared at them as if they both have horns. Then I burst into laughter. Oh shit. I was in a foul mood just earlier and now, I'm so giddy, I could fly. Thanks to my crazy friend. I felt someone sit beside me. I turned to see Uthman staring right at Akin. Speak of the devil.

"Well, what's so funny?"

How on earth is that your business was what was on my lips to ask but because I was still laughing pretty hard. Akin beat me to it.

"We are just imagining how crazy it will be if you and Jade were to be a couple. I use will users can use

Wow, did Akin say that?

I subconsciously turned to look at Uthman. His eyes were thoughtful, then he burst into laughter. I joined in. This is just too hilarious.

"Jade, can you even imagine that? We'll probably kill ourselves." He said, in between laughter.

"Yeah, probably. Oh no!! I can't even imagine."

I burst into laughter again.

Akin and Hana were both looking at us, bewildered. Heck! The whole cafeteria was looking at us with mouths agape.

"Wow, do you guys realize you just made a joke and laughed together?"

That shut us up asap. Uthman shrugged, stood up, pocketed, and walked out of the cafeteria.

"I said it, you guys won't be that bad as couples."

"Trust me, Akin, that's never going to happen."

"Never say Never."

He replied.

*********

~Uthman~

Words spread in Lakeview like wildlife. I was not even out of the cafeteria and the words already circulated throughout the whole school. Daniel who was in the painting and Decoration lab cornered me around the SS3 block.

"Hey man, what's with all these that people are saying?"

"That what oo, uncle radio."

"come on, Uthman be serious, people are e together, held hands, and we're smiling together."

If what Akin said earlier made me laugh, this almost had me rolling on the floor.

"what?? Are you kidding me?"

"Well, I'm serious. That's what I heard."

I folded my arms around my chest.

"Mad oo. People are a love story out of the blues."

Daniel laughed.

"So, what happened?"

"Akin made a joke and I and Jade laughed, and that's it. Now, I don't understand where all these cock and bull story is coming from."

Well, you have some explaining to do to the girl over there."

He pointed to Michelle who was walking towards us with a smile on her face. She soon got to us.

"Hey guys, you had lunch already?"

"Yeah."

I replied her

"I was caught up with the girls about my party tomorrow. Dan, you're coming, right?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Happy birthday in advance dear."

She smiled at me. "Thanks, boo."Now, Michelle is signingggg the rumors. She probably did not give a fuck or......

"Haven't you heard the rumors?"

Dan asked, cutting my thoughts short.

"What rumors?"

She asked, not so casually, flipping a cornrow behind her ear.

Two juniors passed our front, whispering Jade and Uthman held hands in the cafeteria. Dan pointed to them.

"That, of course."

"I heard but that's a stupid rumor. Who even started it?' Then she looked at me. 'I trust Uthman. I'll cut my hair if Uthman even spares bitch a glance."

I looked at her hair, long so long that it's reaching shoulders under what she'll look like without her hair.

"Well, even though I'm pretty much interested in how you'll look ut all these your hair, that's not going to happen because Uthman's never gonna date, Jad"

Michelle smiled

"I know, right?"

"You guys are speaking for me like I'm not here. You don't even know how I truly feel."

"I know how you feel bro, it's an intense dislike for that girl. Nothing is ever gonna change that."

I laughed.

Hey Guys, I hope you enjoy reading this chapter. Please share and comment and click on the vote icon when you're done reading, it means a lot 💖