"Yeah, nothing like sitting in a moist tub with strangers," Stan argued grumpily. Likely not happy with how many people showed up at the pool. "It's like the bus, but wet."

Dipper looked over at the beach towel Soos was carrying and frowned. "Why would a sun need to wear sunglasses?"

"It's best not to think about it," Soos said.

"This is going to be fun!" Patrick said with a smile. "No weirdness. No people trying to kill us. Just a normal day at the pool."

He just had to jinx them.

Mabel suddenly stopped. "Whoa, whoa! Stop the presses! Who's that?" They all looked towards where she was looking and saw a handsome young man around her age whose hair was blowing in the wind. He had dark skin, long, wavy, shiny brown hair and three tiny hairs under a long nose. By the look of it, he looked Hispanic. He was wearing a seashell necklace and had a pool raft in front of him.

"Oh brother," Patrick groaned. He knew that she was about to go through another one of her boy-crazy phases and that guy was her new crush.

"Oh, yeah," said Soos, eating some corn chips from a bag. "Word is, dude never leaves the pool. People say he's a 'Mysterious loner.'" He whispered that last part into Mabel's ear, before backing away from the brunette while eating his corn chips.

Mabel started fanning herself with her hands. "Is it getting hot out here or is it just that guy?"

"It's the hottest day of the year, Mabel," Patrick said. "Besides, can't you go for one week without having a new crush on some random guy? The last time you did, the guy turned out to be a bunch of gnomes! Are you sure that he's not going to be something worse?"

"Positive." Mabel replied, before gasping. "Look at his little mustache hairs!" Patrick looked at the boy and saw the mustache hairs. Must have hit puberty really early.

"You are clearly enamored. Go to him," Soos told her breathlessly. Mabel took off, running across the pool, but tripped across a bucket and stumbled on two men in lawn chairs, and then knocked her head against a basket of beach balls. But she wasn't done, and continued towards the young man. "It's so beautiful!"

"I can just feel the headache coming around," Patrick said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Eh, Mabel's all talk," Dipper told the others. "You wanna know a secret? She's never even kissed a guy before. She always messes it up somehow."

"Oi. Women." Stan said with a shake of his head, before a water balloon was thrown in his face. Exploding water everywhere and making him scream in shock.

Patrick looked at where it came from and was met with a sight to behold.

"Hey, Mr. Pines!" said Wendy, sitting up on the lifeguard stand and a bucket of water balloons next to her. She was without her lumberjack hat, which allowed for her beautiful long red hair to be fully seen. As for what she was wearing, it was a simple red swimsuit that fits her body perfectly in all the right places. Matching her red color, it made her freckles and green eyes stand out, and showed off her smooth legs. And there was also a whistle.

 And there was also a whistle