A Pair of Patrick

Start from the beginning

He fell on his ass and was so surprised and frightened, that he pushed himself away from it. Sliding away on the floor, Patrick was stopped when his back hit the wall. "Evil mirror!" He cried out, pointing the crowbar at it.

"Woah, woah," the reflection said, while its body reflected Patrick's body pose on the ground and movements were in perfect sync. But his face showed a calm and somewhat annoyed look. "Chill, man. Chill. First, I'd like to point out the fact that I'm not an evil mirror, and that I'm not going to hurt you."

"Reflections don't just talk on their own!" Patrick exclaimed.

"I'm a magic mirror. That rich guy made all of us like this."

Panting for a moment to catch his breath, Patrick sighed and stood up. Again, his reflection in the mirror does the same. He didn't seem dangerous, seeing that he could only do what Patrick had to do. Patrick walked slowly up to the mirror "So...what are you," he asked, but before the reflection could reply, the door opened.

Dipper and Mabel walked into the room, each carrying a stack of copied flyers, with some soot stains on their clothes. "The printer broke down, but I think we've got enough," Dipper said.

Patrick turned his head to look at them, by he did, the reflection didn't mimic the movement. As Dipper and Mabel walked into the room, their reflections were seen in the mirror. "Hi, how're you doing," all three reflections said in unison.

Dipper and Mabel screamed in terror, dropping all their copies, and hid behind Patrick. "What is that thing?!" Mabel exclaimed.

"Like I said, I'm a magical mirror," the three reflections said, as the three Pines members stared at the black glass. "I'm one of many that our creator made, using many spells and enchantments to create us, all for the purpose of becoming a clone of a single person."

"Only one person," Patrick asked, as the twins calmed down and stepped out from behind him.

"I am just one mirror."

Dipper laughed and ran up to the mirror, grinning widely. "This is amazing! An actual sentient object! What else can you do?"

Mabel pushed him out of the way with her own excited expression. "Can you juggle? Teleport? Fly? Do an awesome trick?!"

"I can't really do much of anything until I've cloned someone," said her and Patrick's reflection. Dipper then walked back into the mirror, holding his head in pain, and his reflection mimicked him. Together, all three talked at the same time. "Whenever you're facing me, I'm bound by the laws of base physics and...well, being a mirror, to do your body's same movement. Only able to freely control my facial expressions and tone of voice. However, I'm able to move freely if you're not looking at any part of me."

"That's incredible," Patrick said with a look of wonder. "So, how does a person make you into their clone?"

"Well..."

"Hey, kids! Come on!" Stan called up to them, making the three of them look down at the floor. "We're not done with setting things up!"

Patrick puts the crowbar back into his sweater. "Come guys, we'll figure this out later," he said before walking out of the room.

"Bye, Mister Mirror," Mabel said as she and Dipper followed behind. Now all that was left was the mirror with no reflections. With no one's reflection, it fell silent.

- - -

An hour later and the Mystery Shack was ready for the party. Stan stood in front of Soos, Wendy, Mabel, Patrick, and Dipper, who were all standing side-by-side. "Alright party people... and Dipper," he addressed them all, standing with his clipboard and next to a box of party hats. Dipper frowned when he was singled out. "Let's talk business. Soos, because you'll work for free, and you begged, I'm lettin' you be DJ."