v. little conversation

Start from the beginning

"But this is actually foxtail millet, isn't it?" Kohaku addressed while looking at it with skepticism.

"I'll make sure it's safe! It's the duty of a sorcerer not to be afraid of anything new!" Chrome commenced eating the ramen with a slurping sound. You simply watched him trying the ramen then suddenly, his eyes went wide. "I-It's good!"

Chrome's loud comment had caused you to titter and he began to devour the ramen without stopping, this reaction of his had convinced Kohaku and Suika to eat it, too. And once it hit their tongue, they began to devour it just like Chrome, commenting how delicious it was.

Both you and Senku watched the primitive trio getting fascinated at the ramen as if it was some sort of God's work. You couldn't restrain yourself for any longer since you wanted to taste the cooking of your loved one.

"I'm going to dig in," you uttered as you began to use your chopsticks and instantly devour the ramen.

Slurping the noodles and once it hit your taste buds, your face suddenly scrunched and you slowly chewed the gourmet with a whitish face, gingerly swallowing the food down to your throat. Beads of sweat appear on your forehead as you crane your neck to look over at Senku who's already staring at you with bewilderment upon seeing your reaction just now.

"A-Ah, Senku," you jolted on your spot and hastily averted your gaze. "I-It-s actually delicious! Hahaha."

Your laugh was strained; staving off the repulsive countenance you had shown when you tasted the ramen. Since you don't want to waste food, especially you don't want to hurt Senku's feelings, you gulped the ramen at a very fast pace despite the fact that you absolutely object.

Senku, who just witnessed your reaction, simply watched you with confusion while you were taking the food down. He could distinguish the face that you were showing once you were done eating the whole bowl of foxtail millet ramen; you gave him a judgment that this wouldn't taste great, similar to the actual ramen back in your age. Therefore, he wasted no time to slurp the foxtail millet and subsequently, his face started to become pale and set the bowl down.

You merely whistled and then started to tiptoe to leave the leek-haired boy who's still in misery.

"You shouldn't have forced yourself to finish the bowl when it's this horrible, knucklehead!" You flinched and paused in your tracks when you heard Senku's remark. Gradually turning your head, you forced a smile.

"It's because it's your first time cooking, Senku. It's a privilege to taste you cooking and I don't want to waste your efforts," you softly replied and the scientist solely stared at you with an incredulous face. And seconds after, you faced your back at him and started to walk away to go to a secured place where no one can see you.

Senku who was watching your retreating figure suddenly elicits a chuckle and peers over at the bowl of ramen in front of him. A smug grin was plastered on his face as he took the bowl and decided to finish the gourmet as well.

"You're such a bad liar, (Name)..." he scoffed.

Back to you who happened to find a perfect place and away from where everyone was, the cool façade you bestowed Senku earlier had shifted into a ghostly appearance and regurgitated since you couldn't manage the horrible taste that was lingering in your stomach and tongue.

● ● ●

Chrome and Senku pulled the cart of ramen towards the front of the bridge that connects to the village. Suika was playing an instrument to gain everyone's attention. You and Kohaku followed suit as you looked over at Senku who already has this crazy expression etched on his face.