chapter 3: Cruelty

Start from the beginning

"Thank you both." She said with a gratitude smile as she finished wiping our faces.

"Nii-Chan! Nami-Onee-Chan!" We heard, we turned to look to see Shigeru and Hanako running towards us.

"Your going to town again today?" Shigeru asked with a smile on his face.

"I'm going with you!" Hanako added.

Kie-san stood up and said, "oh no, your not. You can't walk fast like Tanjiro and Nanami-Chan does."

"Kaa-chan!" Shigeru whined.

"You may not. Since they can't use the cart today, they won't be able to give you a ride when you're tired and Nanami-Chan can't carry the both of you." She said.

They pouted and Shigeru looked down. He then hugged Tanjiro-kun and said, "Nii-Chan!" Hanako then went towards me and clutch my hand, "I wanna go with you! I promise I'll help you!" She said I smiled sadly at her while rubbing her head, "while I appreciate your help Hanako, but your gonna have to stay here today" I said as she pouted.

"You too, Shigeru. But I'll get you tons of goodies okay?" He said, kneeling down on his level as Shigeru's face lightened up: "really?"

"Yeah." Tanjiro said and Shigeru smiled.

"And I'll also read for you when I get back." I said.

"Even your stories about you and your brother?" She asked, and I nodded and smiled. She lightened up and smiled, "okay!"

"Thank you so much, Tanjiro, Nanami-Chan." Kie-san said as Tanjiro-kun stood up and said, "sure."

"We'll be heading out now, take care of yourself while we're gone okay?" I said and Kie-San smiled and nodded.

"Takeo... will you chop as much wood as you can?" Tanjiro-Kun asked Takeo who is holding a covered axe.

"Sure, I'll do it, but... I was hoping we could do it together." He said looking at the side. I couldn't help but stifle a chuckle. 'Aw. He wanted to spend time with his brother. Made me wish Naruto-nii-Chan was here with me.' I thought.

"There, there" Tanjiro-kun said as he rubbed Takeo's head.

"What's with that all of a sudden?!" Takeo asked, surprised.

"Your blushing, Take!" Shigeru teased.

"Hey, I am not!" Takeo defended.

"There, there" Tanjiro said, rubbing Takeo's head again.

"I said cut it out!" Takeo yelled, as we began to laugh.

We then set off as Kie-San, Takeo, Shigeru, and Hanako waved. "Hurry back okay!" Shigeru yelled.

"Be safe okay!" Hanako yelled also as we waved our goodbyes.

"We will!" I yelled back.

We then encounter Nezuko-Chan carrying little Rokuta on her back, "Onii-Chan! Nanami-onee-san!" She greeted.

"Nezuko-Chan." I greeted back as we both stop, just to talk to Nezuko-Chan.

"I was putting Rokuta down for a nap, or he'd make a scene when you two leave." Nezuko said, she then gestured little Rokuta whose sleeping.

"He misses tou-San a lot after he passed away, and has gotten really close to you Nanami-onee-San." She said. Tanjiro-kun rubbed little Rokuta's head gently, not waking him up as I smiled gently at the sight.

Tanjiro-Kun and Nezuko-Chan told me about their tou-San and his passing before I arrived, and Tanjiro has to step up as the eldest brother of the family and support their needs.