Bottle of Ale (Angst/Fluff)

(This was a request btw)

  Your heavy breathing and footsteps sounded in the air as you ran towards Boar Hat. You paused for a moment to catch a breath. You had just run from the nearby village upon hearing his rage-filled voice. Originally going out for a stroll on the dirt paths, was interrupted when from the other side of town Ban was growing angry at someone.

        Upon reaching the top of the hill you saw a slender figure sitting in the grass.

         "Ban? Ban!," you yelled when finally acknowledging his stiff blue hair. Though, upon inspection you saw that one of his hands was loosely over his face as well as his usually cocky silhouette was now hunched over.

          When inching closer you could hear pained gasps of air slipping through his gritted teeth. Though you could also see a bottle of Ale resting in the middle of his thighs. So, maybe he was drunk? But he didn't usually act like this when he's drunk.

           And with that, you quickened your pace as another punch of concern was thrown at you.

           "Ban, are you drunk?" Was it the best thing to say first? Probably not as comforting him would've probably been the better option.

          "Now how the hell would I be drunk?" He let out a deep chuckle and looked into your E/C eyes.

           It indeed seemed as though he was crying, his normally intimidating wine-colored eyes were now glossy and sunken. His nose was just the slightest tint of pink, and his face seemed shiny at the moment.

            He moved the bottle of Ale from between his thighs and proceeded to look up at you invitingly. [is that a word?] You took the invitation and sat down in his lap and looked out at the gradient sky that was now turned orange and red. You pulled at the leather of his iconic red jacket as you felt its fabric between your fingers.

           "Hey watch it, I paid good money for this jacket." He looked down at you with a semi-serious expression which was then met with your lopsided smile as you giggled.

            But then, realizing why you were here in the first place, you looked up at him with caring eyes as you asked,

             "So, why were you crying?" This was immediately heard by Ban as he looked down at you with wide eyes before going back to his usual demeanor, and sighed.

            Though he started to furrow his eyebrows, "I was going to get some ingredients with Master when this idiot came up and kicked him, sayin' some bullshit," he chuckled.

             You nodded your head in acknowledgment as you rested it on his chest and relaxed against his warmth. Ban then perked up and grabbed the bottle of Ale next to him and offered it to you with a sly smile. You accepted it and took a quick swig before giving it back to him.  He set the bottle down and wrapped his arms around your waist and pressed his body closed to yours and sighed in content.

            You were almost like his stress reliever, it was almost as if you were always on time to help him out in problematic situations.

           Stretching down he nuzzled his face into the crook of your neck as his hair tickled your figure.

          And with that, the rest of the day was soothing with you both talking and cuddling as the night came to greet the Boar Hat.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys, I know this is short, recently art classes have not been forgiving on my schedule 😅 its also 6:20AM :p