Chapter one: ..Goodbye home sweet home..

"That's Insane! You have to move all the way across the country just because your dad married some probably wacky blonde bimbo in Vegas ?! No, i refuse" Jane exclaimed flailing her arms in a disoriented manner.

I sighed as I took a sip of my hot chocolate and glance at Jane with a wry smile "She isn't blonde Jane, she is a brunette. Second, there is nothing I can do about it.. our house already sold in a day. It's like this was meant to happen" I replied wretched. My stomach wrenched into a painful and distasteful knot at the thought of my father being remarried to some lady I had yet to meet, though he made her sound like a pleasant woman.

"Who's going to be the person who eats the other half of my licorice, who's going to watch Big Bang theory with me at night, or help me with crazy hairstyles ?" She asks and I giggle at her dramatic hand motions though my face becomes grief-stricken when I shortly realize, no one will do any of that with me either. Jane and I are the outlaws at our school.

"I'll visit I promise" I held out my ring finger and I watched her smirk, unable to refrain herself she connected her ring finger with mine as if a pinky promise, though we prefer the ring finger because its more promising to us.

Though my happiness was short liven when I watched a large uhaul truck pull into the drive way of Jane's house and I'm left with my frown holding it's place. "Don't ever change your bright red hair okay!" I say as I hug her, embracing the feeling of my best friend hugging me for the last time. "I won't, and please do something with your boring hair!" She replies softly, sad laughs both escaping us.

Unwanted tears crush down my cheeks as I look back at Jane threw the rear-view mirror as she waves. "I love you!" I shout and a small 'i love you' is returned just as we turn the corner, no longer able to see her sad form anymore.

I side glance at my father who glances at me before turning on the radio and I am left with the sound of a man singing about his broken heart. I pull my sweater more snug around my body as I place my earphones in my ears blasting music varied from Andrea Bocelli to Fall out boy.

As soon as we get on the highway I let my eyes flutter shut, no longer able to let my body grieve over leaving the city of New York. So many things left undone here.

Goodbye home sweet home...

****

After a few stops for snacks and one stop too sleep in a hotel, we were Finally entering Colorado and my fathers expression transferred to a beaming and excited one. "Your going to love her, she is just the greatest!" he beamed and I just absentmindedly nodded as he continued his description of my new step-mom. blehh, I hate the term.

another half an hour later of starring off into the scenery of a ray and lively trees that burst with exquisite colors and hills full of green swaying grass fields I would love spending hours in just getting lost in, we pull up to a gate as my father punches in a code, the sound of old rusted hinges squeals to life as the gates open and we proceed in driving. A couple moments later a large house comes into view and I openly gape at it. Made of thick different shades of red stones, two garages, above the garages the roof arches together in an upside down V form and a beautiful glass window lays under the arch signifying it as a room, a large painted white porch with relaxing white rocking chairs, between them lay a dark mahogany coffee table. Behind the set was a large glass window that showed the inside of what must be the living room.

"Beautiful ain't it?" My father says and I look up to him, "ain't" .. since when did he say ain't?

As soon as the truck is in park a bubbly young woman comes speeding out of the house and my father hops out, taking her into his arms in a bone crushing hug. She looks 16.. if not 17! She has to be my age! my mind shouts at me.