She's created the same comb used to fix the boy's hair from one of the cherry blossoms growing in their fields. some of which Takashima takes care of on her own time.

"it'll make sense later on, I promise." She swiped at the cherry blossom that so happen to land on the boy's head. she smiled and looked up briefly to see the swaying branches unfurl a rush of petals cascading down the hill overlooking the floating homes made of rich stone, and pink skies set behind the three sets of moons. The sky is always covered in constellations and a ring of gold tracking the length of the night. It's never daytime, always night.

"Really? why can't I understand now? am I stupid? is that why i can't see them?" His little hands squeeze themselves into the dirt as he swivels to look back at Takashima. Rei just rolls her eyes with a small smile. "No!" Rei pushed the comb atop her lap, and gently weaved her fingers through the boy's hair. She sometimes dislikes brushing over this topic,—and, absently braiding the boy's hair seems to calm her worries.

"you're not stupid, if you don't understand something, its just knowledge you haven't learned yet."

"oh.." Eijun's bottom lip jut's out, and Rei thinks it's one of his cutest features. Suddenly she thinks it's alright if he grew up too fast. She smiles, and realizes he'll always be the sweet little boy she stowed away. She has yet to tell Eijun of Narumiya's existence and what that means for his future. his expressive brows scrunch up, and his golden irises remain pensive peering up over his shoulder.

"But Eijun, don't do something for the expense of others. don't do something you don't want to do for the sake of others if it undermines your health and self-growth, you hear me? do you understand me?"

Eijun solemnly shook his head and brushed the ends of his fingers across the patch of grass pressed against his thighs. his eyes flickered from his lap to Rei's face, and the young-god decides it's best to continue fixing the boy's hair.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll give you more books, and.. if you want, we can talk about stars."

Eijun jumped on Takashima's lap in giggles and joined her on the lush patches of grass in a fit of giggles.

_

The lifeline of recorded documents was spread far and wide in the Hall of Records. How original, Takashima thinks. Those words ring in her head, from when she and Sawamura last visited. The kid has a mind of his own and wreaks havoc when she lets him have free reign. Records are accounted for every day, and she can't have a single one go missing under her attendance. Young gods were trusted with the title envisioner with that information, and Takashima was one of them.

Except Eijun's birth, that is.. Takashima looks off to side and quirks her lips into a sheepish snicker.

Takashima has scrolls of reviewed material on her desk. Every time she unravels and closes it over, and over she thinks the words will dance across the page and rearrange themselves. They dont, and never plan on symbolizing the way of her will. Destiny had written her disciple's destiny, along with the others; There is no stopping the fates or destiny.

The young god knows Eijun will suffer, but by which force? Himself? His so-called comrades? or.. her. The very same person who vowed she would take care of. She broke the sanctums rules because she knows Eijun will change everyone and everything for the better.

_

"If you want to get any better, you need to concentrate," the voice lingered like a vice grip around said boy's throat, forcing the boy's way of retaliation.
"We recognize talent when we see it—"