chapter nine

You've got to be kidding me. Finn walks in with a petite brunette underneath his arm. What the hell is he doing here? And who is she? He looks at me for a brief second and then smirks at me.

He sits down at the table behind Noah, making me have perfect eye contact with him. "Millie?" Noah asks, snapping my out of my thoughts. "Y-yes?" I ask nervously, not knowing what he just said.

"Are you okay? You seemed zoned out for a bit" he asks nicely, not aware of Finn walking in. For a moment Sadie flies through my head. I remember her telling me that Noah and Finn used to be friends. She never told me why. Maybe Noah did notice Finn walking in but he just decided to ignore it.

I shake my thoughts away and answer his question. "Yes, I'm fine" I say giving him a small smile. I look behind Noah and make eye contact with Finn. Why did he react so weird when I said I was going on a date? Or why did he even grab my phone in the first place?

The brunette Finn was with stands up, making me focus on her. Finn bringing this girl made me feel weird, I'm not that hurt, I mean he's free to do whatever with whoever he wants, but some part of me felt like I wanted to be her.

Crazy isn't it? There's a guy who actually wants to be with me and I can't stop thinking about the guy who hates me the most.

The girl was walking to the direction of the restrooms, leaving Finn on his own. "Hey, will you excuse me I have to use the bathroom" Noah says giving me a casual smile. "Yeah, sure" I say returning the smile. Noah walks away, leaving me alone facing Finn.

I watch Noah walk away but I already feel Finn's gaze burning in the side of my face.
I look back at him and he simply stares back at me. He gets up and puts his hands on the table I was sitting at.

"I-Is there a problem?" I stutter, feeling nervous all of the sudden. His green eyes burning into mine. Now he sits down across from me. "No, just thought I would sit with my friend" he says casually. I look at him in disbelief and he just stares back, no sign of him joking at all.

"We're not friends" I say. "We're not?" he says emotionless, probably trying to be sarcastic. "No, you're not even nice to me" I respond. "Well then, let's start being nice" he says, faking a smile. "W-Why?" I asks stupidly. "Well, we have to do a project together so we might as well become friends" he says.

"O-oh, uhm okay" I say, questioning why he was nice all of the sudden. "So, are you and Noah together?" He says leaning forward onto his arms. The question made me nervous, why does he care anyway?

"Are you and that girl together?" I ask, not wanting to talk about me and wondering if they are. He scoffs. "I don't date" he says.  Classic. "Why not?" I ask. He just stares at me and then rolls his eyes. "Are you and Noah together?" He repeats. At that moment Noah comes back.

He looks at Finn,then back at me. "Is there a problem here?" Noah asks, looking slightly angry. "Nope, just talking to a friend" Finn says, knowing he's working on Noah's nerves. "We're not friends" I tell Noah. "Oh right sorry, friends don't kiss each other" Finn says smirking at me.

My mouth falls open. How could he do that? He knows that I like Noah, I wouldn't be on a date with him if I didn't like him. "You two kissed?" Noah asks, looking like a sad puppy. "N-No! I mean yes, once, it was a mistake!" I say trying to fix things. Noah looks at me in disbelief and walks away. I immediately follow him.

"Noah!" I yell after him. Once we're outside he stops walking. He turns around to look at me. "Just leave it Millie, I'll see you Monday" Noah says, hopping inside his car. I watch him drive off with glossy eyes. I turn around and see Finn smirking at me. "Happy now?!" I yell at him. His smirk falls. "What is it with you?! Do you like making people feel miserable?! God, I hate you!" I yell.

He looks at me with shock. "Millie, I-" he begins but I cut him off. "No don't even try to fix things! You're just an heartless asshole!" I yell. I storm to my car and get in. I let out a shaky breath. I feel so horrible for Noah. How can Finn be so heartless and mean?