Episode 1 - The Dark Dream Begins

~Y/N's Perspective~

"If I have to weave around these hungover idiots one more time, I'm going to ban drinking in the boar hut for all Holy Knights." I grumble to myself as I step over Howzer. We had a party yesterday, and apparently everyone was too drunk to leave. This has been happening too often for my liking. Drunk customers were one thing, those you can kick those out. Drunk friends? You actually have to take care of them. 

I stepped onto the porch to get some fresh air. I'd been cooking all morning to make sure there was enough food for all paying customers and my troublesome friends. I find Elizabeth scrubbing the porch. She must've come in while I was in the kitchen. I'm about to greet her when a squeaky little voice exclaims, "Woah, Elizabeth. Cleaning up this early? You're a breed apart from those other employees!" 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask angrily, placing my hands on my hips. "Watch it pig, I've been up all morning cooking and I might forget you're not supposed to be our main course."  

"Oh, Hawk, Y/N! Good morning." Elizabeth says, ceasing her scrubbing. "Uh, Hawk?"

"Down here!" He squeals from his place by the bucket of suds. 

Elizabeth kneels down as I lean against the wall. "There you are. Sorry. I couldn't tell where you were. I guess I'm just not used to you being this size." Elizabeth says. 

"Yeah, well, no pun intended, but it's a small price to pay for saving the kingdom and those scoundrels." Hawk tells her. I frown. Hawk's brief death is still a sore spot for me, since I had a shield up and there was no reason for him to sacrifice his life. "Besides, this size has some advantages. For one, my usual bowl of scraps feels ten times bigger, so it's not all bad." He continues. 

Elizabeth giggles before saying, "Still, you need to promise you'll never do anything that reckless again, all right?"  

"Especially when I literally have it covered." I mumble under my breath. 

Hawk ignores me and says, "That's up to those passed out idiots in there." 

I roll my eyes and scoop Hawk up to place him on my shoulder. "Alright, that's enough glory for one day."

"I've got a question." Elizabeth says. I nod, telling her to go on. "Do you know where Sir Meliodas is heading next? Has he said?"

I shake my head while Hawks responds, "That, I don't know. Actually, where is he now?"

We walk into the tavern to investigate. "You're right. He's not inside the tavern." I say as we look around. 

"Here I am!" His muffled voice exclaims. This is because he's wrapped himself around my legs and shoved his head in between them. 

I bite my lip to keep from shrieking and waking everyone and their headaches up, but shove him and say, "Get off me!" I've gotten more accepting of Meliodas' habits since we've got together, but I'm modest and he never acted so perverted towards me before, so I still need some warning.

Once we've gotten ourselves resituated, meaning that Hawk is done jumping Meliodas' head and scolding him, Elizabeth asked him if he was sleeping with all the others. "No, no, not at all." He said. "I was busy making a whole new food item." He held up a replica of Hawk made of meat. "Take a look at this! It's a meat pie that looks exactly like a roasted pig."

My jaw dropped. "You snuck into the kitchen and wasted space for that?" I asked, crossing my arm. 

Meliodas ignored me. "And you know the best part? There's no pork in this thing! It's made entirely of leftovers and vegetable scraps." 

"I'm a genius, aren't I?" Meliodas concluded. 

Elizabeth nodded hesitantly. "Well, visually, I'd say it's a bit, uh..."