TWO.

TO ALL THE BOYS.
act one―no bueno

what's the sitch? ―a nightmare!

RICKY BOWEN CLUTCHED THE LETTER IN HIS HAND- as he and Big Red walked down the halls of the school, his eyes flickering around every half second as he was trying to look for the person that had sent him the letter in the first place. Lara Jean.

"I can't believe that she actually wrote you a love letter!" Big Red exclaimed as a happy expression crossed his face. "I don't know why you're so freaked out, the most popular girl in our grade wrote you a love letter, that's actually amazing," he continued as his happy attitude radiated out from his body.

"It just doesn't make any sense, why would she send me a letter now? I'm pretty sure she knows that Nini and I just broke up, not to mention that my ex is getting with her best friend," Ricky pointed out as he ran his free hand through his locks of curly brown hair.

"How am I supposed to know? At least you got a love letter!" Big Red jokingly fired back as he patted his friend on the shoulder. "Besides, where is Lara Jean?" He added on as he also chose to look for her too.

"I need to find her before rehearsals, and I still have to memorize all of Troy's parts in my last class before auditioning. This was so not how I was planning for my day to be like," Ricky grumbled as he shoved the letter in his pocket, knowing that there was no point in looking for Lara Jean anymore.

"Go practice your lines. You're here to show Nini the new you, I'm sure Lara Jean's letter can wait," Big Red remarked as he assured his friend what he should be doing right now. Ricky only nodded and made his way to the computer lab.

And even though he wanted to prove Nini that he was someone new, the very thought that he wanted to talk to Lara Jean crept back into his mind. Because maybe that love letter meant something to him.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

LARA JEAN HAD NOT SEEN EJ FOR THE WHOLE- day. And that was something she was fine with. He had gone out with his new girlfriend at lunch and since she wasn't in the same classes with him, avoiding EJ Caswell was an easy process. Maybe she was going to get the knack of it after all.

Her last class was physical education. Seeing how the rest of the cheer squad was also taking the class, every other day was cheer practice. Which was good for Lara Jean and the team as they were also planning out to try out as dancers for the play this afternoon.