XI. It All Ends Here

Sabrina walks into the studio in a barely-polite-speed. It's the final nationals of the season, and after winning the trio with her sisters, she was feeling hyped.

Abby waves her in along with the rest of the girls, "Hello ladies, come on in. Here we are in another studio, another week. We need to learn a new group routine. This is tough. We have to do it today, and there are props. Now I want to reflect a little bit on the past two weeks.

"I keep telling you guys you have been given an amazing opportunity. You've been hand-selected to go across the country and learn a new number each week and do these competitions, and you are not stepping up to the plate. I want to see energy, enthusiasm, fun. If you don't want to do it, there's probably a hundred other kids that would love to be in your shoes right now. So I need to see motivation; I want you to want to win. This is my reputation on the line; it's my name. But by now, it's also your name.

"So, I'm gonna start now with Paige. Moving on -- Mackenzie. Nia. Next, we have Chloe. Brooke. Maddie. And just like the beginning of the season, Bianca, Elsa, and Sabrina. Maddie, you're doing a solo and a duet with Chloe. Chloe, you will also be doing a solo. Bianca, Elsa, and Sabrina will be doing solos along with a trio. Paige and Brooke, I'm giving you a duet. I want you to work together as friends. I do not want you fighting as sisters. If you waste time and energy bickering back and forth, you're never gonna get it finished.

"Everybody is in the group number this week -- even Mackenzie. Every single one of you is an important part of this puzzle. And in a group routine everybody needs to pull your weight. And I'm telling you what: We need to win. All right, let's get to rehearsing, let's get moving."

Skipping over to the side, Sabrina drops her bag near her Mom. "Are you happy this is our last week? To see Tata, Acacia, and Elias."

"I'm not happy I'm excited," Ileen replies, a massive grin on her face. "No dance for a month, yay."

Right after the competition is over, the four of them are getting on a plane, back to Florida for a family vacation, and Sabrina couldn't wait.

"You're so excited," Bianca teases. "You're going to make out with Tata."

"I'm going to do a lot more than make out with him."

Sabrina's nose twitches. "Eww."

The sentiment was echoed by her siblings.

Ileen chuckles. "Finish changing. I'm going to head outside, get some fresh air."

Sabrina watches her leave the room before changing into a patriotic star print leotard and joining the rest of the girls around Abby.

"Sabrina, Elsa, and Bianca, the three of you are going to push off to the left and coupé. It will go to Bianca, one two three, Elsa; four five six and Sabrina; seven eight. Got it?" they nod. "Let's go from the beginning, adding that part."

They ran the group routine for a while before moving on to the solos.

"You are doing an acro, lyrical routine entitled, 'Dear You.' You have two props, a piece of paper and an envelope, and you're writing a letter to yourself," Abby explains to her. "You've only had one win this season, and if you try hard enough, this can be your second win."

Sabrina nods in understanding. "Yes, Ma'am."

While the words to her solo music were sad, the beat was a lot faster than she expected; it was perfect for her. It was also technically sound and shows off her flexibility.

"Straighten that back leg on the jete. You know better," Abby reprimands once they are done. "Other than that, I thought it looks good. We'll finish and clean it up tomorrow."