ii. CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF REBAR.

Start from the beginning

             Simultaneously, as the sudden explosion of myriad gunshots echoed throughout the car, the remaining four ducked their heads in the hopes that this would be enough to prevent it from being blasted off. Yet, as the bullets begun to ricochet off of the steel on the Italian's bike, that was when the exigency really sunk in.

"Jesus! Shoot him!" Six yelled, covering his head with his free hand as if it wouldn't pierce straight through.

"Go get him! Do it!"

A bullet meant to land between her eyes embedded itself into Zero's laptop screen. Immediately, the screen splintered, the device died and the code she had been working on to lose the surrounding vehicles had been lost forever. She believed it would have probably been better for the team if it had been her instead. "Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me!"

              With great frustration, Zero grabbed her broken laptop with both hands and launched it at the biker. Incredibly, the corner of the device striked him in the eye and that was enough to impel him off of the motorcycle. The man slammed against the pavement and she watched as he was dragged beneath the car behind.

"Asshole!"

                Six begun to nervously laugh with relief, now terrified to ever piss her off.

"Why didn't you just do that in the first place?!" One screamed over the sound of tires screeching, recovering in respite.

          "Because I was occupied with trying to save your life!" Zero shouted back, the siblings having always been a rather vocal pair.

One took note of the fact that they were still being hunted down by the Mafia. "Well, you're not doing a very good job!"

          "Well, maybe I would have if that bearded cum-bubble hadn't destroyed my laptop!"

"Can't you just do it on my phone?!"

         "Can't you just not be mentally fucking deficient?!" Zero shouted, her temper going rampant. "I needed the software on that thing. Without it, it's useless!"

"You're useless!"

            "You're useless!"

"You're-" One was cut off before he could make another childish remark.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Five screamed and the pair sighed, silencing themselves. But, competitive to get the last word, or hand, Zero pulled on her brother's ear. He yelped in surprise and Five shot the girl a glare before returning back to her doctoring. "So fucking childish."

A pained whimper escaped Two's mouth.

             Now calming down, Zero felt an abrupt pang of trepidation inside the pit of her stomach. For the first time during this entire assignment, it took Two's dreadful aim ━━━ something extremely out of character ━━━ for her to realise that her companion may actually die. Not only were her motor functions defecting but her skin had also been plagued with a lifeless grey tint. This, amongst the blue lips and sheen of sweat that glazed over her entire body, was enough to prompt reasonable concern within the girl.

"Is she going to be okay?" Zero asked Five.

The medic turned to Zero with hesitation. Instead of giving her a direct answer, she decided to beat around the bush. "She's lost a shit ton of blood."