Three

"Chae?" Lisa murmurs into the phone.

It's too early for a Saturday morning, the sun still rising lazily, but the blonde already knew she wasn't getting much sleep.

She hopes her best friend doesn't mind the forenoon call.

"Lisa, it is seven AM for fuck's sake. What is going on?" the girl complains with a raspy voice.

Well, she minds a bit.

"Sorry. I know. But I'm having a... situation ."

The blonde keeps whispering her words, mindful of the sleeping brunette on the couch a few meters away.

Jennie's mouth is slightly open, and her chest rising and falling deeply. She's exerting an innocent, pure aura the blonde is sure she hasn't seen in a long time.

Lisa has to tear her gaze off of the adorable sight.

"What? What kind of situation, Lisa? Are you alright?"

"I'm alright. It's...Can I go to your house in a few hours?"

"A few hours? Can't you just come now? You are scaring me, Lisa".

The blonde looks at the peacefully asleep brunette once again.

"I can't right now. Don't worry, Chae. I'm alright".

"Fine. Please, just...take care".

"I will. You too."

Lisa hangs up shortly after.

The brunette keeps sleeping, unbothered. There are a few strands of deep chocolate hair falling in front of her face. Lisa reaches her hand instinctively in order to fix them, but stops herself midway.

Lisa lowers her hand slowly, silently chastising herself while Leo enters the room meowing loudly.

"Are you hungry already?", Lisa asks her kitten, turning her head to look at him amusedly.

The feline meows again, almost answering his owner's question.

"Alright, alright. Breakfast is important, after all", she thinks for a moment, "but not too much. You are getting quite chubby lately".

Before moving to the kitchen, Lisa checks on the brunette once again.

She looks peaceful at the moment, but Lisa doesn't know how much is it going to last.

-

"Hi, Jennie".

The brunette enters the kitchen rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand. Her hair is slightly messy and the hoodie she slept with is a little crumbled.

She would be more irritated if it wasn't for the delicious smell that fills the room.

"I made breakfast", the blonde speaks again.

She's carrying a plate full of what Jennie recognizes as hotcakes with both hands.

"I hope you like them".

Jennie makes a sound with the back of her throat. She doesn't' tell Lisa she's always wanted to try the dish.

The blonde doesn't seem to mind, though. She simply takes a sit on the closest chair.

Jennie hesitates a bit, but the growl of her stomach prompts her to sit as well.

She's not used to being hungry. She's not used to anything, actually.