i. Pretend Happy

i've been cheated by u since
i don't know when

i've been cheated by u since i don't know when

『 PRETEND HAPPY 』
˗ˏˋ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖎 ˎˊ˗

    THE HYSTERIC BLONDE IS NOT SO SURE AS TO WHAT SHE WOULD DEFINE HERSELF AS; though it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to say a fool as she keeps her back close to the cool stone wall, horrified by what she's just witnessed

    THE HYSTERIC BLONDE IS NOT SO SURE AS TO WHAT SHE WOULD DEFINE HERSELF AS; though it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to say a fool as she keeps her back close to the cool stone wall, horrified by what she's just witnessed. Her chest heaves up and down as she makes a desperate attempt to catch her breath — and considering Eliyra is not a runner, nor an athlete for that matter, it's pretty impressive that she managed to run so fast without smashing her face into the ground. (It's not like it hasn't happened before . . . ) The Hufflepuff is no stranger to the ugliness of this world, such as tripping over your own feet in a crowd of bustling students.

    But then her mind flashes back to George Weasley, punching Draco Malfoy, in the corridor that she'd previously thought no one to hang around in but herself. That had to have hurt like a bitch . . . It's all she can see, all she can feel. She knows she not supposed to be here; she's meant to be in her dormitory listening to The Cure records while her and Liv get ready for bed.

    The image of the tall redhead hauling his fist into the Slytherin's face is engraved into her mind forevermore; she can not shake it, no matter how many times she ushers herself to think of tulip bouquets and rainbows. One does not simply, shake, something like that.

    And let the evidence speak for itself, it's twenty-two minutes later and she's still trying to wrap her head around it. For real . . ?George! Her older brother's best friend's younger brother — what a mouthful — who's she's know since she was eleven years old and even tinier than she is now, just punched a kid, a Malfoy, in the hidden corridor behind the kitchens! Eliyra doesn't think it can get any worse than this, until she recalls exactly what she's done after witnessing the ordeal.

    Stupid Eliyra.

    She had hiccuped, damn it, she'd hiccuped so loud her halfway death grandfather could have heard her without so much as trying. She sighs heavily, facepalming herself. Eliyra decides nothing could be worse than this. Sure, they don't know it was her who'd been eavesdropping, but she knows. The two had looked directly to where she stood, a short distance around the corner. The girl had known she was in trouble the moment she'd let the sound escape her, eyes widening like saucers.