Thor's First Christmas

My human paced from side to side in his room. He desperately needed to calm down; his heart was beating so fast it could explode at any minute. I tilted my head, looking at him. Why was he like that? And why did he keep organizing his room?

"So, what do you think, Thor?" he asked me. Of what?I wanted to ask back. "I think it's tidy enough, don't you think?" He then adjusted the new green polo shirt for the 5th time.

It was already nice before...

"I shouldn't be worrying so much about my room... We're not gonna spend so much time here..." He then hurried to the living room, again. He's already tidied that room since yesterday. Curious, I left the shelf I was lying on and jumped on his bed to reach the floor to follow him. I found him fluffing the cushions on the sofa.

I jumped on the highest part of the sofa, right in front of him and meowed. He sighed and took me in his arms, absentmindedly caressing my black and grey fur in an attempt to calm down.

"I think everything is settled... I'm ready, everything is in place and mom is probably nearly done with the food by now..." He took in a deep breath and kept mumbling to himself. "She'll be arriving any minute now."

Yuki didn't notice his father entering the living room before a small laugh escaped the man's mouth.

"Don't worry, son. If she's half as good as you claim her to be we'll love her and we promise not to embarrass you; at least not yet." Takashi said and went to the dinning room.

Wait, does that mean...I wondered but then heard a car stopping near the house and a familiar voice bidding farewell before shutting the door. Indeed I was right; all his stress was because his girlfriend was coming over for the first time.

Yuki probably mentioned this to me before, but I rarely pay attention to what he says when he's scratching me on my favorite places. Now, I recall some of his ramblings along the week. Sofia was coming today, to finally meet his parents, apparently this is an important human courting thing or he wouldn't be freaking out and he wouldn't have done it last month when he visited her to meet her family.

The doorbell rang and Yuki jumped in surprise, startling me. Sometimes I forget that humans can't hear as much as I can. I left his arms and in a jump, I was back to the sofa and he ran to the door. He breathed heavily for a few times before he opened it.

"Hi!" Sofia came in, her hand was fiddling with the end of the braid over her shoulder; she was nervous, but not nearly as much as my human.

Yuki smiled the best way he could and I knew she liked it. If I didn't see him nearly freaking out moments before, he could have fooled me.

"Good afternoon, Milady. Welcome to my humble home."

"Wow. It's a really nice place." She said looking around as he closed the door. She took off her brown leather jacket, revealing her red blouse; he quickly got it and hung it. Then she found me sitting on the navy blue sofa. "Thor! I missed you... And you've got a beautiful red collar, now." She came near and petted me. She was good at it!

When she thought it was enough, she stopped.

"Sofia," his father called as he was still nearby. "I'm delighted to meet you." The lanky man extended his hand and she shook it. Before Yuki had the time to introduce them, the girl was already speaking.

"Likewise. You must be Mr. Kimura, right?"

"Please, drop the Mister." He waved his hands, palms facing the girl in a negative way. "No formalities among friends."

"Alright, Mr.— I mean, Takashi. Thank you."

"Is she here?" It was Yuki's mom's turn to show up from the kitchen, the smell coming from that place made my stomach turn, I'll never understand why humans must ruin perfectly good raw meat by burning it. Her eyes landed on the girl and she walked faster to Sofia. "Oh, you're even prettier than in the pictures!"