chapter 11

"Say anything you want about this dinner, but it definitely hasn't been boring.", Carina chuckled.

"Your secret didn't get exposed yet!", Jo noticed, curious what the Italian brunette had to hide.

"Because as I said, I don't have one.", the gynecologist replied in all honesty.

"Well, all of us said that.", Andrew reminded his sister.

"Did you forget that you are the weird sibling?", she wanted to know, making everyone laugh. "Just because you once were a model for erotic, doesn't mean that I am having secrets, too."

"I am actually pretty surprised that all of us are still alive.", Maggie joked. "I think it's finally time for dessert."

"Oh yes, the baby would love some!", Amelia sighed, already excited to eat more.

"Sorry, I am not able to get Allison to sleep.", the nanny said as she came downstairs, causing Teddy to stand up immediately.

"Well, I guess it is time for the two of us to leave anyway. She needs me near her to fall asleep.", the blonde informed her friends.

"You know what? Let's switch places for tonight.", Amelia suggested, smiling at Teddy. "You can have my room upstairs, since you drank a few wines and Allison can sleep on the bed with you, while we will drive to the hotel room, later. I won't leave Leo alone with Owen anyhow, because he is pretty drunk. And someone needs to get him home."

"Actually, that would be really amazing. Thank you!", the cardio surgeon beamed, happy that out of all the relationships, which broke today, their friendship was the one that had gotten even stronger. "Good night then."

"I'll just get a bag and some things.", the brunette grinned, as her ex-husband dreamily looked at her, very happy that she would be coming home with him and Leo tonight.

"Tom, don't you have any secrets?", Meredith wondered.

"Oh Grey, of course I do! They just didn't get exposed this evening, so you missed your chance of knowing what I have to hide.", he teased, mischievously smirking.

"So, are we going to name the one secret that shocked us the most?", Alex joked.

"I think that would definitely take the cake, Karev.", Owen cleared his throat.

"Well, in your case it at least was a positive shocker.", Link shrugged, still sad, but not trying to cause another fight.

"I believe it is time for us to leave, too.", Amelia informed the redhead as soon as she came back into the eating room, carrying a sleeping Leo in her arms and his tiny backpack on one of her shoulders.

"Someone didn't make it to dessert.", Jo smiled at the sweet toddler.

"Yours is still awake.", the neurosurgeon laughed.

"That's my son.", Alex proudly shared.

"Bye Maggie, I hope you don't wake up with a hangover tomorrow.", Amelia giggled as she hugged her sister, while Owen and she said goodbye to everyone. "I am glad we can still look at each other.", she told Link, who agreed.

"Bye guys!", Meredith grinned at the couple.

"Wait, I will take Leo.", the group heard the trauma surgeon suggest.

"Definitely not, mister.", his ex-wife denied his request, laughing at him stumbling his way out of the house.

"Can I at least open the door?", Owen wondered.

"If you are able to manage holding it open until we're out, go ahead.", Amelia allowed.

"Honestly...", Andrew started, looking at Atticus. "Since I have known the two of them, which has been for a few years now, they always found their way back to each other. And no matter what or who comes their way, they probably always will.", he shared. "So maybe it was better to let her go sooner than later."

"Are we getting somewhat poetic?", Maggie chuckled.

"No idea, but we're getting you to bed right now, Pierce.", Tom laughed.

"The sex God just invited me!", the brunette excitedly told everyone who had been there and aware.

"That is not what I said.", Koracick grinned. "Maybe another time, when you're sober."

"Very grown-up.", Carina praised.

"What is taking them so long out there?", Jo asked, watching Owen's truck, in which the couple was already sitting.

"Can you stop being a very annoying pain in the ass?", Amelia giggled, shoving her ex-husband a little bit.

"I can't buckle up, if you hit me like that.", the redhead whined.

"Buckle up, buttercup!", his ex-wife sang.

"Are you drunk too or why are you making such bad rhymes?", Owen asked dead-seriously.

"Ugh, I'm sorry baby boy. Daddy won't hurry, so we might have to sleep in the car tonight.", the brunette told her sleeping son.

"I feel ready. Let us drive, wife.", the trauma surgeon tried to rhyme himself, causing Amelia to stare at him in shock.

"Do you realize what you just called me?", Amelia carefully wanted to know, a little confused.

"U huh! Why? Any problems with that?", her ex-husband asked.

"Well, we aren't even together...also we were once married. So yes, you just made things awkward again.", she sighed.

"Nah, you're the one complaining.", the redhead stood his ground. "I am simply stating facts. But if it makes you feel better, I can start with calling you my girlfriend."

"Uhh...", the neurosurgeon wasn't totally satisfied with how this conversation went.

"Leo, honey, mommy is holding us up. Sorry if we have to sleep in the car.", Owen used her own weapons.

"Shut up Hunt, or I'll make you!", his ex-wife giggled.

"Do it!", he challenged and expected her to hit him again. But Amelia nonchalantly pulled his lips down to hers, leaned in and kissed her soulmate passionately.

"Are they kissing?", Atticus wondered in disgust. "I told them to wait for me to be gone."

"Well, we are stalking them. So you can't exactly blame them.", Meredith reminded the ortho surgeon.

"Let's leave, too.", Jo suggested to Alex, after looking at the clock.

"Do you wanna come with us and sleep on the couch, uncle Link? Maybe it helps you think of something else when you wake up to Eddie screaming.", the peds surgeon kindly invited his friend.

"Why is everyone leaving already? The party just started!", Maggie, still sitting at the table, whined. "And where is Amelia?", she asked. "We have to find her! She is pregnant!"

"Okay, that proves you've had one wine too much.", Andrew chuckled and took matters into his own hands. "Amelia is fine, she's with Owen and Leo. And I will take you upstairs right now, come on.", he ordered.

"Will you wait for me to fall asleep?", his ex-girlfriend begged sweetly, as they arrived in her room. The male brunette sighed softly, but nodded and made himself comfy next to Maggie, who cuddled into him.

---

Just so you know, I am cringing at my own rhymes and jokes too, so it's fine if you do lmao. Even MaLuca get to be endgame in this, I am satisfied with how things are going and I hope you're, too! :D Oh and this is definitely the last chapter before Christmas, maybe even before New Year's Eve, so please don't be surprised if there's nothing new for a few days. :)