Chapter 2 - Cupid's Arrow

Start from the beginning

Chaeyoung looked at her sister in surprise, "I didn't hear anything, was it that bad?"

Alice took a long drink of her orange juice. "Of course you wouldn't hear it; you sleep like the dead. It was terrible having to hear all that."

Chaeyoung lowered her head sadly, "I hate it when they fight."

Alice burst out laughing, "Fight... Fight... you think they were fighting, are you kidding?"

"Uh... don't they always fight, as they have been for the last 10 years."

Alice laughed even harder, "I'm used to the sound of them fighting, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. The reason I said it was terrible to listen to was, that I had to listen to them fucking half the damn night. Nobody and I mean nobody wants to hear their parents have loud sex in the next damn room. It will take me a month to get that sound out of my head. They're still up there sleeping."

A look of total shock quickly came across her face. "What!"

Alice shrugged. "I don't know what the hell got into them, but whatever issues they've been having lately don't seem to be issues anymore. Believe me, I'm happy as a clam to know they're getting along." Alice groaned at this point. "But I just don't want to hear it."

At this point, Chaeyoung saw her mom and dad at the top of the stairs, they were both in bathrobes and appeared to have just gotten up.

"Alice, Chaengie. Your father and I decided to sleep in and spend the day together. We both called in sick to our jobs today. You have everything you need for school?"

Chaeyoung blinked nodded, it was then she noticed that they were holding hands.

"Good, see you two later." Her mom said.

"Have a good day, girls." Her father said with an oddly childish grin.

A second later they were gone, followed quickly but the shutting of the bedroom door.

Chaeyoung and Alice just looked at each other in amazement. For the first time in probably 10 years, their parents seemed to be acting as if they were really in love.

THE POTION!! Chaeyoung quickly thought as she ran upstairs to grab it. As she made it to the entrance to her room, she heard the faint sound of moaning coming from her parent's room.

Though comforting to know her parents were back in love, Chaeyoung found the actual sound of it rather repulsive. She quickly ran into her room and grabbed the bottle off the dresser.

"Holy Shit, you actually work." She said to the bottle. Not wanting to hear the sounds of her parent's marriage as it came roaring back to life. Chaeyoung quickly went back downstairs, with the bottle in her pocket.

On the ride to school, Chaeyoung ignored her sister's chattering and thought about the potion. I figured it was some water with food coloring. I'd never believed it would actually work. Still part of Chaeyoung was skeptical. Her parents could have somehow managed to get past all the issues that had built up in the last 10 years.

So as she walked across the school parking lot, Chaeyoung figured she'd take one of the two remaining doses and test it. If it worked she knew exactly who she'd use the final dose on; Park Sooyoung.

She had an idea for a good test subject. In her script writing class is a girl named Yeri. She is best friends with a girl named Joy and they have been friends forever. But everyone knows that Yeri loves Joy, but she only considers her a friend. Instead, Joy likes to date large primitive jerks that her like garbage. Whenever one tossed her aside, Yeri unfailingly helps pick up the pieces of her shattered heart as she loves her. But her heart is broken every time she runs off to another jerk. Chaeyoung did think that Joy was a nice and kind person; she just had a terrible taste in men. Chaeyoung had Joy in two of her classes and they talked from time to time.