Never Letting You Go [1]

Start from the beginning

When we get to my house, it's snowing slightly, and there's a fine layer of white dust on the ground. I feel a shiver of excitement deep in my stomach- Christmas is nearly here! I shoot Jayden a grin, and he returns it, sensing why i'm so excited.

We slip round the side of the house to get to the back yard instead of going straight through the house- i don't want my parents to know that i'm home yet.

When we get to the door of the shed, I pat my pockets and smile ruefully. "Erm, Jay, do you have the key? I've sort of forgotten mine. Again."

Jayden laughs at me, and then produces the key from his back pocket. It looks older and larger than a normal key- like something from an adventure movie.

Jay unlocks the door, and as we step inside, warm air floats out to greet us. Jay had obviously predicted that we would be coming back here, and had managed to put on the heater before coming to pick my up earlier. He pulls me inside, and we kick off our shoes (mine awesome converses that Jayden had gotten me for my 16th birthday), and then sink down onto a pile of blankets. He pulls me down between his legs, be back presses against his stomach. I rub my thumbs against the top of his feet, something i always do when we're sitting like this. I feel him rest hischin on the top of my head, and kiss my hair. I close my eyes, fully relaxing into his embrace.

I'm so lucky to have Jayden. I mean, he could have chosen anyone. I have no idea why he chose me. For starters, he is EXTREMELY good looking. He has that mischievous boy-next-door look going for him- which, for me, is kind of accurate, as he live two doors down from me. He has floppy hair, which is light brown. His eyes are large, and when they catch the light they look like the colour of coffee before the milk is added. They are framed by thick lashes, and are frankly beautiful. He's tall, around 5ft8.

I don't know why he chose me to be with. I'm not beautiful. I'm not ugly, either. I'm just plain old average, nothing special. I've never been cat-called before, but no one has run away screaming, either. I have mid length wavy dark hair, am medium height, with green eyes. I'm just normal, where Jay looks like a freaking PRINCE. And he doesn't just have the looks- he has the personality, too. He's funny, random, kind, gentle, and he has a great taste in music, too. Speaking of which...

I reach into my back pocket, and pull out my purple Ipod, and put on my favourite band. I put one headphone in my hear, and I pass the other to Jayden, who slips the bud in with a grin. He nods approvingly.

"Good choice," he grins, bobbing his head gently to the music. I grin back, then sigh and press my head back against his chest, closing my eyes.

Whilst listening to the music I start to drift off to sleep. My hands slip off of my lap, and on falls onto Jay's leg, on the inside of his thigh. I jerk awake as Jayden laughs, his chest rumbling underneath my back. "Can't resist me, huh?" he says, his eyes glimmering in amusement. I turn around to face him, and I bat him in the stomach lightly with my fist.

"Oof," he says, pretending to keel over. He glances at his watch. It's 10pm. I'm not due inside for another half hour, and even if i was later than then my parents wouldn't mind, they are pretty lenient with my curfew when it comes to Jayden, they trust him to look after me. But to my suprise, Jayden says "I better get you home."

I raise my eyebrows, suprised. Jayden usually stays with me for as long as possible. He catches my look, and explains; "I've had this freaking headache all day, i kind of just want to go to sleep."

I frown at him. That's so Jayden-like, suffering, but keeping it a secret. "Jay, why didn't you say so?!" I demand.

He sighs. "It isn't THAT bad, Anna. Besides, I wanted you to have a good time, not ruin it with my stupid headache."

"Jayden, I wouldn't have minded if we'd stayed, in, or hadn't gone out at all. I don't want you to suffer."

Jayden ruffles my hair. "I'm not suffering, baby girl. Come on, i'll drop you home."

I grin to myself. Even though we're only in my back yard, he always insists in walking me right to my front door.

"Okay, lover boy, take me home," I say slipping my hand into his.

"Yes, ma'am." He grins back at me.

We speed walk to my front door, eager to get out of the cold. Before i put my key in the lock, Jayden pulls me towards himself for a hug. He presses his lips to mine before letting me go.

"Sleep tight, baby girl," he murmurs. My stomach tingles. I love it when he calls me that. "Call me tomorrow when you wake up, okay?"

"Okay," I promise. I unlock the door, and then I blow Jayden a kiss before I step inside and close it.

****

So what what did you think? Should I continue? Yay or nay?