Chapter 11

Pearl's eye twitched as she slowly awakens from her slumber. She pushes her self upright and stretches her arms out, yawning. Finally she rubs the sleep out of her eyes.

"Man how long did I sleep?" She muttered out loud. The inkling grabbed her phone off of her nightstand and opened to see that it was around 6 and 7 in the afternoon.

Hm not long at all. She thought.

She had this most wild dream ever. She came back from the store with her mom and Vic and saw someone sitting by Vic's house. Vic went over to see who it was and like 10 minutes, she brought over the person. That person was Marina! She and Marina caught up and fell asleep in her room.

Pearl sighs before putting her face in her hands. "I wish that was real. It felt real too!"

Then Pearl heard a soft grunt next to her, which nearly made the inkling jump off her bed in surprise. There was someone in the blankets with her.

She narrowed her eyes and slowly reached over to pull the blankets from above the figure.

"I swear if this is some random guy, I'm cutting a fish."

But when she pulled the cover off, she silently gasped. It was really Marina, curled up in the blankets, as she slept peaceful.

"It wasn't a dream..." Pearl quietly whispered as a soft smile reached her face. Her golden eyes growing glossy as she looks at her long time friend. 9 years...

She looks....so beautiful. Pearl couldn't see her eyes yet but still. Her face looks really soft too. The inkling chuckled a little bit as she noticed Marina slightly drooling. Cute.

Pearl paused before mentally slapping herself. What were those thoughts? That was...weird.

She quietly slipped out of bed and grabbed her phone. She should probably go check up on her mom and Vic. Before she left the room, she put the covers over the sleeping Octoling and gave her one last smile.
================================

"Pearl! There you are!" Rose exclaimed as Pearl walks in the kitchen. Pearl rubbed her neck and sheepishly laughs. "I sorta fell asleep with Marina. She wanted me to stay with her..."

Rose looked at Pearl before giving her a strange look. She had this smile on her face and a mischievous look in her eye. "Oh is that sooo~"

Vic chuckled, as she rolled her eyes. "Rose don't tease the poor girl. Although, that's cute."

"What are you guys even talking about?" Pearl asked, as she looks at the older adults.

They both snicker and wave off the question, which made Pearl even more confused. But she didn't question anymore as she looks at the cake on the counter. It was a vanilla cake with pink and white frosting.

"Oh man, this looks gooood." Pearl said, looking at the god of desserts.

"It does. I'm not a fan of cake but Rose's cakes are an exception." Vic said.

Pearl then thought of something. "Hey, how long have you known each other for? Just a random thought."

Vic and Rose shared a look before laughing. Vic looked at Pearl with a grin. "We've been best friends since we were kids. Rose was a hand full. Always getting into trouble at school and beating up boys."

Rose placed her fist in her hand. "They were annoying. Only boy I didn't beat up was your father. I had a soft spot for him back in the day."

"Ah that's cool! So you've been best friends for over 40 years? That's rad." Pearl exclaimed.