Chapter 2

After a 3 1/2 flight and 15 minutes taxi drive. I finally arrived at my destination, University of Alaska Fairbanks. The place is beautiful the internet pictures gave no justice to this place. I walked up to the reception and the brunette lady gave me my dormitory keys along with a piece of paper where my dorm is located and class schedule. I looked closely at the paper "Nerland Hall 406 Denali Lane". The word Denali was familiar to me but I can't think of why.

When I got to my dorm room I was surprised to see a basket of chocolates and a balloon with words written "Congratulations". Who would have bothered to set this up? For all I know, all my closest family or friends are nowhere near living in alaska. It was so weird. I let it there for a while so I could unpacked my things and fixed them neatly. I can't believe I am really here. In alaska. I remembered when Edward and I planned to live here after graduation because it's a good place to be a new born given the fact that the wildlife here is plentiful. This would have been a perfect place to start our Forever. The thought of edward made me shiver though it is actually cold. Why am I thinking about him. It's Jacob I should be thinking about. The kiss that happened between him and me. The I love you's we told each other. It's so mind boggling. I need some distraction. So I got up and took the box of chocolates which has a little card that was addressed to me. I flipped the card and froze when I read what was inside it. "Congratulations Bella! Love Alice". Oh my god! She's here, Alice! I have to find her. I didn't waste any more time I took my coat and ran of as fast as I could just to find her. I ran towards the woods I know she will be hiding their somewhere to avoid humans, possibly me but I wont't let it stop me from finding her. I've been running for awhile now I can't even see where the dorm is. Where is she. My feet are exhausted, I am too late she's gone. I dropped to my knees feeling the pain again, the heartache and disappointment. I never learned from all of it. I am such a stupid human. Just when I was about to give up and curl up on the side to suppress the pain. Someone touched me from behind. I turned to look who it is and saw Alice!

I jumped and hugged her quickly as I could not wanting her to disappear on me again.

"Oh Alice!" I cried. Tears falling down my cheeks.

"Hush, Bella I'm here now silly." she chuckled.

"No! I don't want to!" I shouted.

I know if I let her go she'll be gone again. I can't afford that to happen.

"Oh come on, it's freezing out here you'll get sick. At least let me take you some place warm. How about we go to your dorm?" she said.

I let go of her and faced her. "Are you for real? Will you disappear on me?" I said, tears building up again in my eyes.

She looked at me with confusion then said "No Bella I won't. So come on. He'll get mad if I get you sick."

The words she said where about to sink in to me but before I could analyze it. Alice hurriedly escorted me back to my dorm. It feels so good seeing her face again. I never thought I would ever get to see her after the incident. When we got in my room she carefully assessed everything. From my bed to my closet and books I brought with me.

I broke the silence between us.

"So you like my new place?" I asked with a wary voice.

"It's calm and simple. Just like you are. Although you might want me to take you shopping. Some of your clothes are not built for the weather here in Alaska." she said smiling.

Alice wants to take me shopping does this mean she'll stay here with me? Are all the Cullen's here? Edward? Oh no, Jacob. The moment we had in the airport was all I've been thinking on my way here then all of a sudden I got sidetracked with Alice being here. What am I going to do. Clearly, Edward doesn't want to be with me he already made that clear two years ago so why would I bother. I won't. Maybe Alice just really want to spend sometime with me. But she said earlier "He'll get mad if I got sick". All this thoughts are making me dizzy. What am I going to do.