Chapter 4 : a trip to Cali

Kyla Jones

"Zeekie can you please shut the fuck up? You have been talking the whole way here!" I snapped looking at him. "Damnnn who pissed in your cereal today? Must ain't get a text or call from East today huh?" He smirked snipping his drink.

"No he hasn't but I am not worried about him at all, so hush and keep walking

"No he hasn't but I am not worried about him at all, so hush and keep walking." I said grabbing my luggage and walking out the airport.

We just landed in Cali and I can already feel the drama coming. My Uncle Larry thought it would be a great idea for me to come to his home for the week instead of spending money on a hotel. He also said Zeekie could come along as well but I'm about three seconds from killing him so he won't be attending.

Not seeing my uncle, I grabbed my phone to call him and of course his old ass didn't answer. Just great.

"Kyla I really don't like your little attitude today, you need to come to your senses and text that man yourself! Ain't nobody gone keep waiting on your hand and foot missy!" Zeekie said walking up to me with his luggage. I rolled my eyes and turned around to look for my uncle.

"If that ain't my young jit Kj?!" I heard my uncle yell. Did I mention my uncle tries to be this "young" guy. It's cute but sir calm it down.

"Hi OG! How are you old man?" I asked hugging him around the waist. "Yo lil ass would know if you answer the phone or just keep in contact period." He said grabbing my bags. "Uncle Larry you know I'm a busy women- Don't even sit here and lie to me Kyla, don't even do." He said playing with the tooth pick in his mouth. I just rolled my eyes and got in the car as Zeekie and OG started a conversation.

Once we pulled off from the airport, I begin to daydream about my life in Cali

Once we pulled off from the airport, I begin to daydream about my life in Cali. As a kid, I was very depressed and felt out of place when it came to my family. I didn't realized it until my old "friends" told me during a argument we had. Being that odd ball out is the worse feeling and I won't wish that on my worse enemy.

My mom and dad haven't called me since I left the house at 18 so I really want to see what this "dinner" would be like. I can hear all the different hurtful things coming out of my families mouth as if they were sitting right in front of me. What daughter wants to hear their father not claim them over THEIR dreams? That's some fucked up shit. My daydream came to an end once we arrived at OG's house.