Unknowingly drugged, the Omega expectantly went into heat. Coincidentally, the Alpha was also present, and from then on the retelling of the story became much vaguer as everyone merely assumed what followed.

And so afterwards, there was little to no argument from the Omega and the Alpha became a permanent fixture in the house. In fact, he stuck around for a handful of years, right up until he bankrupted the very same Omega he blatantly refused to bond with. With a handsome sum of money he'd obtained through loans in the Omega's name, he conveniently disappeared into the night.

Leaving the father and son duo in a dire situation. They lost their beautiful home which was situated in the meadows that then looked bleak. They were left with no other option but to move from an uncontaminated space to a location where the fees were cheap; a congested box-like apartment which they could barely afford.

The determined Omega did all he could to try and keep the quality of life his son was used to, which came at a hefty cost. Scraping by, with more loans to his name which were courtesy of sketchy businessmen, the Omega's son miraculously got through the final years of school and attended the same finishing school that his father once attended.

With his papa's reputation tarnished, the young teen was incessantly harassed. He put on a brave face, one he'd learnt from his papa, and refused to bring him anymore grief. But by the time he graduated the elite finishing school, the politically-motivated story was widespread and no one wanted to marry an 'undesirable' like him. Any prospect of love, or even profit through an arranged marriage, were crushed.

The resilient pair didn't mind too much, but it wasn't too soon after when the young Omega was left on his own as his papa unexpectedly passed away.

There were many speculations as to what led to a relatively young and healthy Omega's death. Many believed he actually contracted a disease after putting his only remaining skill to good use in order to desperately bring in money. But those who perhaps showed more empathy, guessed that it was because of the proven scientific case of an Omega dying prematurely after losing their mate.

In actuality, it was because of the continuous stress. The man didn't have the greatest of constitutions following his son's birth. The endless work and fear that his son would be taken from him— or worse— resulted in his body literally shutting down. He couldn't cope. It left his son both homeless, and fatherless.

The unappreciative Omega's son spent a whole year in foster care before he was released and given a shoddy apartment by the governing-body, who wanted nothing to do with him. The only silver-lining was that the apartment was set back from the bustling life of the cities and situated in a relatively remote location where an Omega couldn't cause trouble.

As the years went by, his only saving grace became the increasingly popular drug which was being offered to Omegas to help them have better management of their pheromones. If taken excessively, an Omega's heat could be stopped. The young and isolated Omega had no reason to be wary of the drug and took more than was recommended. Doing irreparable damage to his body he couldn't bring himself to care about. That was another tidbit of information that was kept out of the story when told to the receptive students.

Moral of the story? The current and longstanding governing-body knows what's best for young Omegas. Ignore them? Then you will most definitely end up like the woeful Omega's in the story. A commonly used, and proven to be successful, way of having vulnerable children listen— by scaring them witless.

As for said treacherous Omega's son, he continued to live in a relatively isolated world. With his nearest neighbours being Beta farmers, that wouldn't be able to pick up on his pheromones even if he fell to the ground in a writhing mess in the dead of heat. They didn't ask questions, only acknowledging the generous young man who offered to help when the growing season had ended and it was time to harvest the fruits of their labour.